1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Air conditioning in Golden Gate Suites

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by elmer433, Apr 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elmer433

elmer433 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Will be staying here in one of their Suites for 3 nights in June and I'm wondering if the Air conditioning is the kind that kicks on when motion is detected or is it normal by thermostat?

2. TJC

TJC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I ever stay anywhere that has motion activated A/C, I'm gonna have to hire someone to wave their hands every once in awhile to keep it going while I'm out gambling.

3. elmer433

elmer433 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    TJC Lol that sounds like a very sleepless night to me and exactly what I'm trying to avoid. We spent a week at Harrah's with this situation and we inadvertently came up with a solution. We bought a cheap fan at walgreens to drown out noise and I also washed a few shirts in the sink and hung them to dry. I hung the shirts up and blew the fan on them to dry and the motion detection keep the air running all night. Worked out great but I don't want to have to resort to those extremes again. Hoping this is not the case for Golden Gate.

4. FullBoat

FullBoat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've heard of people just hanging a plastic bag from the vent. When the A/C is on, the bag moves, and keeps it tripped.

5. Homeschool

Homeschool Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    IIRC old rooms are thermostat controlled , on/off and hot/cold (unless changed as they've renovated). Suites are motion activated but it was a decent amount of time it stayed on, we had no issues with it. I've heard of people tying off a balloon to blow around and keep the sensor activated.

6. TJC

TJC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Keeping the A/C going by making a poor man's swamp cooler. I like your style.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. LoveDowntownVegas

LoveDowntownVegas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just returned from a 3 night stay @ GG Suite and it was motion activated. I was never uncomfortable (and never have been, even in prior stays, including August).

8. The Rumor

The Rumor VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    can also put a shirt on a hanger by a vent in an area where the sensor is

9. topcard

topcard It's not really blackjack unless it pays 3:2!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been in their suites a couple of times... yeah, it has a motion-sensor... but I can't remember it ever cutting off when I went to bed... stayed cool & comfortable through the night.
    I'm wondering if the motion sensor deactivates once you enter the room & re-activates when you exit...perhaps tied to the room-key mechanism... I'm not sure.
    I just know that I didn't have to float a balloon or hang a shirt to keep the air on...
    Really like those suites... complimentary Fiji water & Keurig coffee... and well insulated from FSE noise.

• Like Like x 2
  10. elmer433

elmer433 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good to hear, this is what I was hoping thanks!

11. topcard

topcard It's not really blackjack unless it pays 3:2!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    {...of course, it could be that I toss & turn a bunch while sleeping and don't know it!}
    ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. tvon

tvon VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed and it was hot as hell upon arrival. I even called the front desk to complain.. they told me to give it some time to cool off. Turned out they were right. Still would of liked to have something to push air. I think i asked housekeeping to borrow a fan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.