1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Michael Jackson ONE @ Mandalay - when? how? to get discount?

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by GottaLuvCruising, Apr 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GottaLuvCruising

GottaLuvCruising High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Neither my husband nor I are cirque fans. He doesn't even care about Michael Jackson, but I LOVED HIM.

We're in Vegas for one night, two full days and I can fit one more show into our itinerary. This is the one I'd like to see and hubby will go along for the ride. So I don't really want to pay a chunk of change for it. I can get two half-decent seats through MLife for $240.

Any suggestions? Any other options? Any discount codes? Any other resources?

Unless I can get the price down, we'll probably skip this show. (Zumanity has been available on MyVegas for us, but reviews discourage us from bothering with that. LOVE is dark that night.)

We are seeing The Bronx Wanderers 5:30pm Tuesday and Human Nature 7pm Wednesday, so a late Tuesday show is our only other option. Thank you for any assistance!

2. Marilynfan

Marilynfan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did not have any luck finding these tickets anywhere for a discount. Through MLIFE was the best deal. They are not available at the half price ticket booths or on myvegas. It is a very popular show so they don't have to discount them to get people in the door. With that said - the show is really amazing and I would highly recommend it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. GottaLuvCruising

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I may bite the bullet. I may suggest that hubby do Zumanity while I do Michael... I just don't know. Thanks!

4. Marilynfan

Marilynfan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I totally understand. It is hard to justify that much money when only one of you has an interest. If you can swing at least you seeing it I totally would. If you are a fan you will be amazed - especially the ending!!

• Like Like x 1
  5. GottaLuvCruising

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One other consideration is that we are in Vegas only one night, so we won't adjust to their time zone. To our old bodies, this show starts at 12:30am. So if I can't get tickets for less, I'll probably wait until our next trip.

6. fugsworth

fugsworth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't dismiss Zumanity out of hand, at least not for future trips-- it wasn't my favorite Cirque show by any means, but it wasn't bad. For the "price" we paid (combined 60,000 LPs or so ;)) it was well worth it.

EDC
  7. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought Zumanity was better than the other Cirque shows, including Love. It's not for everyone of course. :)

8. Tahoejoe2

Tahoejoe2 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I sat in the $75 seats at Michael Jackson One. I didn't think they were bad seats

9. GottaLuvCruising

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We gave up and used MyVegas points for free tickets to Zumanity. If it's OK, we'll stay; if not we'll leave.

Michael Jackson next time, for sure.

10. IM ALL IN

IM ALL IN High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For next time, even if Hubby is not an MJ fan, there is soooo much going on to keep him occupied. I've seen it 7 times now (just cause different people come down and I get comped)..After the 7th time,,I'm ALMOST ready to say goodbye, but maybe just one more "Stranger in Moscow with the male aerialist"..my fav part of the show. Your hubby might like Dirty Dianna on the pole. (it is a family show) but wow she's good.

11. Bunnypanda

Bunnypanda Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Too bad you decided not to see MJ One. If you are a huge fan like me you would love it. There is not a bad seat in the house, we've seen it 4 times and our 5th will be in a few weeks. I hope you can go next time, it's the best show and makes me cry every time during Heal the World because they have created a hologram of MJ so it looks like he is actually dancing on the stage during the song.

• Like Like x 1
  12. BenjaminNicholas

BenjaminNicholas MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    MJ One is entertainment, but it's pure schmaltz

13. h0llywood

h0llywood VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Love MJ but i too liked Zumanity a lot.
    Just don't have any expectations, good or bad and enjoy the debauchery.

14. troyzilla

troyzilla Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just to concur - the cheap seats up back are actually quite good. I've seen MJ One three times now - all with the cheapest ticket. Twice I got moved to the more expensive seats as the section was mostly empty. Well worth the gamble - especially mid week. The one time I wasn't moved I got a greater sense of the spectacle from being up back. There are no bad seats in that room.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. GottaLuvCruising

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I definitely will! We go to Vegas two or three times a year and try to fill our itinerary with shows.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.