1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

CET Marketing Executive Issues

Discussion in 'Comps' started by troe, Mar 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. troe

troe Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will preface this by saying that I know CET marketing executives are not hosts, and likely deal with hundreds of assigned players, but I'm getting more than frustrated with using my assigned ME. I've been assigned a guy for the past 3 years. I'm a diamond player via Founders Card but usually accumulate 10-15,000 tier credits per year over the course of two Vegas visits. I like using my ME because he can often get what I want room-wise. For example, if I want to stay in the Augustus Tower at CP with a fountain view, he will book that for me, versus having to book whatever is available comp in the app or online. That being said, he is impossible to get a hold of. Usually reaching him takes leaving several messages and waiting for a call back always over a week later (regardless of whether the trip is the last minute or 3 months away). I've also tried sending him emails to book, and I've yet to get an email reply ever. Beside talking to him to book twice a year, he usually calls a few times a year with offers for New Years or other holidays, and also calls to wish me a happy birthday. Yet, after just talking to him as recently as the first of the year, he left me a voicemail last week introducing himself as my new marketing executive and wanting me to call him whenever I'm ready to book my next trip.

The whole point of this post is partially to vent, but also to see if anyone else has had a similar experience with CET's marketing executives and if so, if they've been able to switch their ME or had another resolution. I received a survey about 2 months ago about him and I was honest in my assessment. Obviously my concerns were addressed...:confused:

2. UTHguy

UTHguy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hmmm. I'm a Diamond and I've never heard a word from a ME. Perhaps an OK/good thing?

3. GustavsBar

GustavsBar Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got an email from Caesar's a few weeks ago saying that my CME was no longer with the company and that "someone would be in touch". Crickets since.
    Does your executive have the initials JM, by any chance?

4. troe

troe Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No, unfortunately.

5. rgrif57

rgrif57 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My suggestion is give the director of Marketing an email and explain everything. CET management is usually very good at responding and may give you a new marketing exec. I know it is a pretty generic answer but if you explain they haven't gotten back a hold of you and your situation it should be resolved, they do have fairly good customer service................Rick
    Edited this to also say when we were inquiring about getting a host and not a marketing rep we did send a question through the TR site and it was received and acted on. Hope this helps!!!

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
  6. Peath13

Peath13 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    By marketing executive, do u mean the "phone " host? We used to have a great one. I always took her a thank u gift and met with her for a minute. I think technically ft hey are allowed to accept gifts up to $50.
    I got a survey about her and she was promoted.
    U might want to call and ask for his supervisor and request a new host.

7. Lmarl72936

Lmarl72936 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is weird. I've been Diamond (low-20k-30k tier points/year average) for 3 years in a row and I dont have a host, phone rep, or CET marketing executive. Not that I want one as the biggest reason why I stay with CET vs anyone else is I like the generosity with free rooms at all CET Properties nationwide since I love to travel and vacation often.
    In the last 365 days I've stayed for free in Reno, Tahoe, Vegas many times, Laughlin several times, Rincon several times, AC, Billoxi, NOLO and N. KC for free on them always booking via app and/or website. I dont see how marketing executive would benefit me. Oh and I always get the choice via website on rooms from standard to suite (except NOBU, i never get offered Nobu rooms)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Deb B

Deb B Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My husband received the same email concerning JM. He hasn't heard anything since either.

9. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Duplicate

Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
  10. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LH?

11. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you don't take (play doesn't justify) backend comps, need show tickets, or special seating at restaurants, then you don't need a host.

Each of the last 3 reservations (booked through a host) at Giada's have been window tables. Before that, I was in the back with the "common folk". My host books my tickets and I get seats that are befitting my play, not front row, but not in the balcony either.

Hosts don't get you things that you're not qualified to get, but make it easier to get things that you are entitled to.

12. mickeydfly13

mickeydfly13 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, similar experiences for me with my marketing executive. I have found that they are pretty much useless, unless you aren't able to read and can't access your offers online. My ME just tells me the offers I have (yes, I can see them online) and nothing more. Seems like a pointless thing.

13. fasbman

fasbman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had a similar experience with CET. A CME who has had me as a client for a couple of years called and introduced themselves as my new CME. The funny thing is that the had booked a trip for me in December, assuring me it was all comped. Well I ended up being charged for a couple of nights, and despite phones calls and a very detailed email, I never heard back from them until they called me (they left a message) to introduce themselves. Weird!

14. bribhoy

bribhoy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm in the same boat as Lmarl. Comfortably Diamond, never gonna be 7-star. No host, Marketing Exec, or any other point of contact. I don't get email offers, although this may be because I live in the UK. However, I get free rooms galore through the TR site and am perfectly happy with that. When I come to Vegas, I am travelling a VERY long way, so like to make the most of it. This year, I'm staying for 3 weeks and have 1 night at Linq, 5 at Caesars, and 5 at Rio, all comped, with various other places in between. As DaiLun says, he doesn't get anything extra, but he gets what he's entitled to more easily by using a host. I'm probably maxing out what I'm entitled to anyway, so don't need a host.

If your Marketing Exec is making you work too hard for what you're due to receive, ditch him and just use the website tools available to you. If you're looking for a little bit of extra juice based on what you may do once you're there, ditch him, but try to get someone else who will respond to your requests. Either way, I think the current relationship is over!

Bri

15. texasaggie07

texasaggie07 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have to say that I have a CET marketing exec who has been great. I get better rooms comped than what is online, fast email response (1-2 days max) and has always been helpful and friendly. I also have gotten back end comps at/after checkout so no complaints yet.

16. troe

troe Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not LH either.

17. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Travel Fiend & I both had JM and received the email a couple of weeks ago. VERY disappointing to me as JM always responded within a timely manner and managed to get us the rooms we wanted. Even comped friends rooms (who had lost their host) for the Saturday night they were being charged for on 2 of the rooms and fully comped the 3rd room for 5 nights for the bridal couple. I was so disappointed to get the email he had left.

I have one displaying on my mobile app tonight (initials LD), however I don't know if it is just because he is 'on duty' or if he has been assigned to me. Displays for all Vegas properties, as well as Council Bluffs.

18. koulton1988

koulton1988 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had a great marketing exec who always took care of my needs fo the last ten years. she retired. i had my new one call me in november introducing himself to me as DF my new contact if i ever needed anything let him know. goin to vegas in april and left numorous messages with him for are stay and never heard a word back. finally made my reservations through the harrahs vip line and the representative even told me my contact was DF. i told him that i had left numorous messages with him and had received no calls back. he was going to leave a message to that department that i wanted to talk to him. 3 weeks later still no call. I dont understand how this kind of things are tolerated if they are being paid to do a job.

19. Hoofy7

Hoofy7 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had no idea I even had a host with CET until I just downloaded the TR app on my iPhone. Then it has his name, contact info, and a photo. I am only platinum and rarely play any at any CET property, so not sure why I get a host. I get free rooms at all their properties and constant offers for free play, cruises, concerts etc...and certainly don't earn any of it. Lol If you download that app perhaps it will have a host there for some of you? Especially those who are Diamond and above as you should be getting what I am! Either way, that's disappointing in how poorly some of you are treated.

20. troe

troe Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    DF is my CME. Sounds like you're getting a similar ride.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.