1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Cosmo with Airfare from Chicago...

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by wanker751, Mar 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wanker751

wanker751 Dutch Rudder Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
  2. EugeneChoi

EugeneChoi Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I investigated a little. Its on Frontier Airlines and 4 nights, 2 people works out to ~$1,200. Arriving in Vegas at 10:40pm and landing in Chicago at 4:20am. You also accept all the risks of flying on Frontier as well as carry on fees, this is also a basic room.

Costco Travel has a similar deal with upgraded Terrace One Bar Suite, American Airlines with good flight times and works out to $1,445.

I've done a lot of research on this exact itinerary and its almost always cheaper to book direct w/ resort and fly Southwest (free carry on).

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Southwest also has 2 free checked bags - any usually multiple flights.

4. wanker751

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah I didn't look into it much...

• Like Like x 1
  5. EugeneChoi

EugeneChoi Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Who do you usually fly with from Chicago - Vegas?

I've been trying to find the best deal and right now I can't find anything better than ~$730 (no discount) on Southwest in June, 2 people roundtrip. I've never flown w/ Southwest before but that seems like a safe bet.

6. Packeral

Packeral High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You guys should be happy with your options. Try to fly out of Bismarck,ND. Basically Allegiant or Frontier now and I feel like I'm just taking a gamble getting on a flight with either airline.

7. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That sounds....awful.

• Like Like x 1
  8. wanker751

Trips to Las Vegas:

Southwest all the time.

Just saved 11k pts for my April flight yesterday!

9. wanker751

Trips to Las Vegas:
    #thoughtsandprayers

Woof.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. rebirth

rebirth High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I usually fly whatever cheapest with the best times. However, I'll never fly Frontier or Spirit. I usually fly with AA or SWA to Vegas. It'd be nice id SWA flown outta O Hare. Much more convenient.

Vegas 2024 Part 1
  11. mickeydfly13

mickeydfly13 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I live in the north burbs of Chicago, so it's a PITA to schlep down to Midway. That rules out Southwest, unless I want to head up to MKE. If you keep looking, United and American can be just as cheap as the others. I got a one way morning flight to LV on United in mid April for $62. return booked with 12,500 miles and $5.60. Just gotta keep looking often.

12. Grid

Grid Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always fly Spirit. The whole "pay for bags" thing is not that big of a deal. I travel with a backpack, no issues. Even a good sized duffle bag without problem. Always free. If your bag is big, and on wheels, they will harass you to pay I'm sure. but 99% of the time, if you are carrying your bag they wont even look at you to measure.

I have done this a couple of dozen times without issue.

With that said, Spirit from O'hare to las vegas is usually under a hundo round trip. I'm checking rates right now online for May. $59 total + 30 taxes = $89. You can shave a few bucks if you join the 9 dollar fair club.

Under 90 round trip is a steal, plus both gates in Chicago and LV are very convenient. At peak time, for good dates, I might pay $150 round trip. But mostly its a hundred bucks.

Southwest out of Midway is a pain in the buns for me to get to, plus I don't think they can top these rates.

So if a flight will cost 2 people $200.00 round trip, the value of the package at $600 comes out to $200 a night for Cosmo. I'm sure you could do better.

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.