1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

The latest from Dollar, A CC hold on a CANCELLED reservation

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by bruceb, Mar 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bruceb

bruceb Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I decided this morning would be a good time to verify (balance) the charges on my primary credit card. Imagine my surprise when I see a small pending charge ($62) from Dollar Rental. I assume it is a mix-up from my cancelled reservation at PHL for a trip we were planning to Atlantic City. I decide to call Dollar customer service just to make sure. I connect to reservations, explain the situation and they verify I only have a reservation for the May trip to Vegas and offer to transfer me to customer service. After 5 minutes on hold, I go back to the main menu and re-connect to reservations, the operator again transfers me to customer service, I get the correct operator, but she can not pull up reservations (nor can she see why the charge is on the credit card), so back to reservations I go, even though I explain I have been there twice and they can not help my situation. Fortunately, the next person knew where to transfer me and someone in the cc authorizations dept. was able to verify that the hold (pending auth.) was due to my PHL reservation (for today), which was cancelled on March 9. She offered to contact the bank and remove the charge immediately, but I told her that $62 was not going to effect my avail credit, I just wanted to confirm that it was just a hold, and not going to be a permanent charge.

bruce
    Sorry I was long winded, but I feel better now that I have shared the experience

2. Hogman

Hogman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If it ever posted to your account you could dispute it.

3. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Always good to keep an eye on those CCs, just in case! :thumbsup:
    Hope you have smooth sailing on your upcoming trip, Bruce!

RICHARD

4. Laostuh

Laostuh Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had a similar problem with Dollar Rent a Car except this trip was in Orlando, FL... They never mentioned a $650 security deposit to me. Never again.

5. remmerde

remmerde VMB's Resident Cigar Sommelier

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I learned a long time ago not to worry even the tiniest bit about authorizations (holds).

If a hold turns into a charge that should not have (almost never happens anyway), then there's plenty of opportunity to get it cleared up in the next billing cycle. Never once have I had a erroneous charge dispute denied because a CC company said anything along the likes of "too bad sucker, you should have told us sooner".

6. Rush

Rush MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh, I would bet it was on the contract.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.