1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Loss of parking perks piques Vegas locals

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Blonde_4_ever, Feb 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blonde_4_ever

Blonde_4_ever LasVegas4ever.com

Trips to Las Vegas:
    “I knew valet was getting hit hard, but hearing it’s across the board for anyone getting gratuities – bartenders, cocktail servers, dealers – was a surprise,” he said. “Unfortunately the front line employees are taking the brunt of it.”

Article By Norm Clarke

Loss of parking perks piques Vegas locals

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. h0und10

h0und10 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Vegas higher ups are getting greedy..

3. VegasGroove

VegasGroove VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You know, I often thought of this and figured the valet guys would get hit the hardest. I hadn't thought of bartenders, cocktail servers and dealing feeling the pinch.

4. joespoolhall

joespoolhall VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I figured the same, but when you think about it, it seems logical. I was in the F&B biz for a long time. When you raised prices, BTs and servers always saw tips go down for a bit. In time they returned to normal levels. In this case it's not a price increase, but a new charge that didn't exist before. A new charge like that will affect tips left for a number of patrons and what's lost may not return.Now if you could downgrade amounts paid at checkout, you'd have something there!

Good Luck!
    Ric at Joes

5. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I figured that out. I didn't figure people outright stiffing servers and dealers but I thought the fee money would come from money people allocated for restaurants and shows. I figured the lower checks and people going to fast food outlets would lead to lower tips.

6. Drewm1972

Drewm1972 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for sharing article..MGM and Vegas only looks at it as another way to drive up revenue ....also very cheap and dirty ways to hurt their own employees .... I/visitor looks at they robbing me blind for parking nonsense BS fees

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.