1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Super Bowl Chatter

Discussion in 'The Sports Book' started by Miller12pack, Feb 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miller12pack

Miller12pack High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was at my corner bar loving everything the falcons were doing. We were getting free shots for every score. I don't drink shots, but I wanted to see Brady go down so I was drinking them. Big mistake. No more shots for me.

2. Joejoejackson

Joejoejackson The Max Bet King

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You got free shots enjoy the moment as you won't see Atlanta back for a long time

Aspirin does wonders

3. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That was a good game, very good come from behind squeaker win!

4. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I created a new thread to congratulate the Patriots on winning the Super Bowl.

I also congratulate the Falcons on playing a great game.

I watched from the beginning of the game and after watching the first half I thought that it was going to be a blowout for the Falcons. While the Patriots were moving the ball it seemed they couldn't finish their drives. Receivers were dropping passes and Brady was continually hounded by the Falcon D line and didn't have time to really get the passes off with any accuracy. On the other hand the Falcon's running game seemed unstoppable, getting big chunks of yards, almost as if the Patriots were moving in slow motion.

I went out after watching the pick 6, I figured that was the end of the game. I went to pick up stuff to prepare my lunches for this week and went to the store to pick up sale stuff. Was good, most places were empty since people were watching the game and halftime show so I could go in and out quickly. I came back after the second half started but I fell asleep with the score 28-3. I was still dozing when the Patriots scored and I thought that they went for 2 and missed (didn't know that they missed the extra point).

I got up in time to see the Patriots go down the field but could only muster a field goal. But then I perked up to watch the 4th quarter and I saw 2 different teams play. The Patriots were hitting the short passes which opened up the longer routes. Receivers were actually catching the ball, making some incredible and impressive catches. On the other hand the Falcon D line wasn't putting a lot of pressure on Brady and seemed to be trying to not lose the game. When the Falcons got the ball they went away from their running game and were ineffective or turned the ball over or made penalties. On the other hand the Patriots looked awesome and the Falcon D looked tired from being on the field for so long.

Like one of those movies it was fun to watch the Patriots go on their game tying drive and when they won the OT coin toss I had the feeling that they would seal the deal. Sure enough, like a storybook ending the Patriots went down the field and ended it all for one of the great comebacks (if not the greatest comeback) in Superbowl history.

Sure, now that the game is over we can all be armchair qb's and question what could have been and question some of the decisions made by the Falcons but in the end what counted was that the Patriots came back from a 25 point deficit to win the game.

The Falcons had a great 2 and 1/2 quarters, looking awesome and making the Patriots look old. The Patriots came through in the last 1 1/2 quarters when it counted the most, stopping the Falcons and basically bulldozed the Falcons at the end of the game.

5. fudgewapner

fudgewapner High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As a Pats fan that remembers the childhood sting of '85, I'm so glad I could share this victory with my kids who have only known NE sports success. It's by far the best football comeback, to do drives again and again, along with the 2 PT PATs. Just an unbelievable run for the Pats. I certainly understand the haters, but the level of emotion in a game like that was crazy. What a win.

• Like Like x 1
  6. archie1959

archie1959 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  7. phantomfj

phantomfj High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Although I was cheering for the Pats, I really dislike the overtime rules for the NFL..............especially when you have two high powered offenses! The coin flip is so critical in that format.......I would like to see OT more like the college or CFL rules, at least both teams would have the same opportunity and the coin flip not such a huge advantage.

8. archie1959

archie1959 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am not a big fan of the college OT. CFL I would need to look at their OT rules. At least the NFL got rid of the rule that if the team wins the toss and kicks a field goal on the 1st drive the game ends.

9. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We watched the entire game. Something I haven't done in a few years and we actually thought the halftime show was pretty good. I was routing for the Falcons the entire game, even though I bet the Pats at -3. What an amazing comeback. What an even more amazing collapse.

10. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I mentally checked-out of the game at the same point. I still watched every play, but thought... crap... that's it, this one's over.

11. phantomfj

phantomfj High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    CFL rules for OT
    The CFL employs a two-possession overtime (shootout style or modified Kansas Plan) where teams alternate possessions from the 35-yard line and attempt to outscore their opponents in a series in order to win the game. Starting in 2010, teams are required to attempt a two-point convert after scoring a touchdown on any possession. In the regular season, a tied score after two possessions by each team results in a tie game and each team being awarded 1-point in the standings. The playoffs and Grey Cup feature the same overtime rules, however teams continue to play a series of possessions until a winner is decided.

12. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It was a fun game to watch at my minions' school viewing party.
    I can only imagine the excitement of watching it in the Vegas sports books!

RICHARD

13. chitownjohn

chitownjohn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm a Cubs fan so I know a little about loosing and the bitterness of defeat. For the Atlanta fans, this one will sting for a bit but in 15-20 years it will be distant memory. Hang in there and be proud of your team. Cheers!

• Like Like x 1
  14. amk121

amk121 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was hoping the Falcons could pull it off...but sadly, they couldn't! Congrats to the Patriots though- they certainly killed it!

15. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

Yeah, I saw that on yahoo. Neat, the globe had deadlines to put the paper out and when their deadline came the Falcons were beating up the Pats so they went to press that way. From what I heard it is reminiscent of the Dewey presidential race where many newspaper were calling it a win over Truman.

16. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's been a good 2 1/2 weeks:

17. BackInVegas

BackInVegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I was in Las Vegas until January 30, 2017, I told the bartender to bet the Patriots, give the three, and bet the over. I felt like crap after the first quarter and at the half and would never be able to go back to that bar in Vegas. Not to mention, there is a local at the bar that was all over me for betting the Patriots, but he did agree on the over.

Now, I can go back in with my head held high and ask the bartender if he listened to my brilliant prognostication. All the time, patting myself on my back.

Thank god I did not burn my bet tickets. But I was close to throwing them into the fire.

PS: I wanted the Patriots to lose with my heart, but my head said the smart bet is the Patriots.

18. Johnzimbo

Johnzimbo VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Watched the game at the South Point Exhibition center with 3,000 people, what a wild game. Room was pulling for Atlanta more than NE so a lot of shocked and disappointed people at the end.

My largest bet was first quarter under 13, but I missed my other bets and lost a little on the game.

Annual me and Pete
  19. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Best story I have is the larger than life Hawaiian guy leaving the party mid-third quarter and drunkenly screaming "it's over!! It's over!! See you at the pay window in the morning!!" I would have liked to have seen that.....
    But no one disagreed with his prediction.

20. mjames1229

mjames1229 # of visits includes only trips w/ hotel stays

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We were at SP's ballroom and agree with the pro-Falcons crowd. I had to walk out in the 2nd quarter because I couldn't take the razzing of the NE fans (of which I was one with a too-large of wager on them).

Though, I did hit the UNDER 13 the first quarter AND the SCORELESS QUARTER props!

And a night before a Qua Spa day.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.