1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Getting comps when not staying in resort hotel

Discussion in 'Comps' started by jeffr, Jan 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeffr

jeffr Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey everyone. I play pretty much exclusively at Mandalay Bay.

Normally my offers come with resort credit which i charge items to my room and they get cancelled out up to the value of the credit.

This summer i plan on staying at the four seasons (love their pool) but still plan on playing in MB. How can I work some sort of comp for my play if i am not staying in Delano? I am mainly speaking about resort credit since i don't think they have the ability to comp a four seasons room.

2. Grid

Grid Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good question. I assume this has come up at other places like NOBU @ Caesars. I have stayed at THEhotel before without any issues. But i would have to think the 4 Seasons works with MGM somehow since I know they house some of the bigger players over at 4S.

3. win4me

win4me VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Jeffr,
    I am not sure if this answers your question, but I will tell you anyway:D I am not a big MLife player or "stayer",(actually have never stayed at MLife prop.) but last year I saw Michael Jackson show & played a bit at Aria & MB. After the show I went to the MB MLife desk to ask about the points earned for purchasing the show tickets and they answered my questions and then asked if I would like $100 FB credit. Duh!! After going to ARIA, where we were going to use it, my sister asked if she had "earned" anything-- they gave her $100 FB credit too! We pigged out at Julian Serrano:feedme::feedme::beer:

4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have had offers for 4 Seasons before. I usually pass as I prefer a suite vs the "service" level.

5. Elf70

Elf70 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Your play at MB can be applied to comps for Four Seasons. My standard MB offers include rooms at MB, Delano or Four Season. I suggest you call MB VIP services to book your MB offer and tell them when you call that you want to stay at Four Seasons instead. They most likely work with you to apply your MB offer to Four Seasons.

6. jeffr

jeffr Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will definitely check! I never see four seasons included in my offers on mlife. Maybe i am not a big enough player?

I have a LoC for 4k. Usually play $25/hand pgp for 10-12 hours / day for 4 days.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
  7. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOC does not mean much of anything. Play is what counts - let me clarify - TRACKED play is what counts.

8. jeffr

jeffr Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree.. just put that to give context to how much i am willing to risk per trip. I found it enough to allow the 10-12 hours of play per day for 4 days even if i am having horrible luck.

9. ebbinns

ebbinns Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I regularly get offers for free rooms, FP and resort credit and usually get the option of MB, Delano or Four Seasons. Usually, the Four Seasons option has reduced FP and/or RC. We took and offer and stayed at the FS about a year ago and asked about using the RC at restaurants at MB. We had no problem charging to the room and the RC wiped out the charges. However, we tried to book MJ One at the box office and they said they couldn't charge it to the FS room. We then went to the FS concierge and they tried, but also couldn't get it to work. So, it's not as clean as when you stay at MB or Delano.

Always check that you can charge to the room before committing. I can't answer the OP's question specifically, but it would pay to check with both FS and the Mlife VIP number to see what can and cannot be done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.