1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Serendipity 3... no more

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by jbpiv01, Jan 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jbpiv01

jbpiv01 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    According to the LVRJ, the spot formerly known as Serendipity 3 will be reopening this weekend as Stripside Cafe and Bar. Serving all day breakfast, drinks, burgers and pizza. I guess just holding down the space until Gordon Ramsay is reported to be opening something new there next year...

2. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
  3. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is the place just outside Caesars?

4. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yup with 1000$ sundae .its from nyc

5. Hogman

Hogman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I enjoyed it every time we ate there. Great sandwiches especially grilled cheese, and the ice cream desserts were good too.

6. carolineno

carolineno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Rats I have an ancient groupon for that place. I wonder if the new place will honor it...oh well, my own fault for not using it.

7. shokhead

shokhead No big spender unless eating drinking having fun!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great for a breakfast. Wonder how it will be different.

8. shokhead

shokhead No big spender unless eating drinking having fun!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As predicted, eager to dump any association with the criminal activities of the former owner of Serendipity 3 in Las Vegas, Caesars Palace has dumped the popular tourist destination and is replacing it in double-quick time with a new, in-house concept, Stripside Café & Bar.

Serendipity 3 was shuttered earlier this week, a few days after Rowen Seibel, the restaurant’s licensed operator, was released from Federal prison following a conviction for tax evasion. He was found guilty of hiding at least $1,011,279 in taxable earnings from the IRS. Seibel now heads into a period of house arrest in New York.

The new café and bar hopes to be up and running within the next 48 hours.

The Serendipity location is so prominent at the resort, Caesars Palace's publicity wing have yet to erase it from their Twitter and Facebook profile pictures.

While local talk had predicted the site would be a future home for another chef Gordon Ramsay expansion, the name Stripside Café & Bar was filed for trademark protection back in October, two months after Seibel was sentenced to jail.

A very close partner with the Caesars Entertainment food and beverage team, much of Seibel’s career depended on his once prominent association with chef Ramsay, including the creation of the Gordon Ramsay Pub & Grill inside the resort.

That relationship eventually turned very ugly, leading to claims by Ramsay's lawyers that Seibel "traveled throughout the world blatantly mischaracterizing his rights under agreements governing restaurant ventures involving Mr. Ramsay," plus charges of "fraud, misconduct, and derelictions," and an "egregiously inept" management style.

The pair are currently fighting a $10 million legal war over who was responsible for the collapse of their Fat Cow eatery in Los Angeles. That restaurant was once rumored to be on its way to Las Vegas.

Already promised for the Stripside Café & Bar menu, "extensive offerings with delicious soups, salads, gourmet burgers and oven-fired pizzas among many other dishes. The restaurant will also serve breakfast all day with signature items such as Brioche French Toast and the Stripside breakfast along with a robust early morning cocktail menu."by Bradley Martin Jan 6, 2017, 9:00am PST

9. martinr

martinr Rock Chalk Jayhawk

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is Gordon Ramsey taking over the whole Strip? GRSteak, GRBurger, GRPub, GRFish &Chips. Seems like there's another one I'm forgetting. What's this new one going to be...GRTacos?

First Time Staying on the South End. Will I Hear Southern Accents?
  10. Hogman

Hogman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pretty sure Gordon won't:beer:

11. pfunk

pfunk Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's going to be a GRBistro serving sidewalk cafe food similar to Mon Ami Gabi.

12. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    • Like Like x 1
  13. justmare

justmare High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Darn! I had this on my list of places to use some of my 7 Stars dining vouchers on my upcoming trip. They have to be used by the end of January. I wonder if this new place will take those comps. Very few breakfast choices at Caesars now and Cafe Americano does NOT take those vouchers, nor can you use folio credit there.

It's always something. <pout>

14. Scottndindy

Scottndindy High-Roller

As long as they keep paying him he will keep opening

15. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Caroline, reach out to groupon if it closes before you go back. They SHOULD credit your account for what you spent.

I bought a massage, it expired, and I tried to use the "same as cash" value two years later, but the place had closed. I reached out to Groupon to see if they'd refund the cash spent, and they actually credited ithe cash spent as "Groupon bucks" to my account! Was totally surprised, and impressed.

Groupon has been very good about crediting money spent if a place closes. Good luck!

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. carolineno

carolineno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you I will do that. It's small money but enough to get a cocktail somewhere else!

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.