1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

A Little Buffet Practice and A Couple More Gifts

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Richard Alpert, Dec 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The minions had some gift cards burning holes in their wallets and they have very little patience, so it was off to the Twin Cities for the Alperts today!

We made it out of Toys "R" Us in record time. Heavy on the NERF and Shopkins this year, though.

We visited what used to be an Old Country Buffet (Maplewood, MN), but is now a :feedme: Golden Corral! A good warm-up for the Vegas buffets. A kid at the table behind us had a video game playing. I would close my eyes and pretend it was slot machines I was hearing. But I didn't do this too much though because each time I'd open my eyes I was missing another hush puppy from my plate!

The place was packed! Lines to get in, to get beverages, to get meat too.
    DSCF0359.JPG
    I saw a fellow with a really cool Vegas t-shirt. No green bracelet, but sported a really nice gold one. Was going to go over and at least say "Howdy" but he was gone by the time I got back from the dessert bar. Maybe he was a VMBer doing some buffet practice, too!?

My bride ran into a WaltonMart to get a few groceries on the way home. At home she presented me with these marked-down items as my late Christmas gift from her:
    DSCF0365.JPG

I'm really excited about the chocolate pudding emoji pillow. :D I look forward to bringing that along to use on our next red-eye flight to Vegas. My bride's probably sending me a message with the grooming kit...

I hope everyone's recovering from the holidays and is resting up to party hearty :beer: on New Year's Eve!

RICHARD

• Like Like x 1
  2. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    "chocolate pudding"...lol

And definitely recovering today. Went a bit hard last night...:oops:

My head has felt like this at times... :bang:

3. DBear

DBear VIP Bear

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went to a Golden Corral today somewhere in PA for lunch. No lines at 12:30pm thank goodness. I saw the hush puppies but didn't try them. Figured there was enough fried foods on my plate already with the fried okra and the fried shrimp. But now I wish I tried a hush puppy. I did have 3 sliders though which I thought were great for a GC.

I visited Vegas last month and the worst part is, nothing will compare to a Vegas buffet. Food can't compare. At least your way, you still have Vegas buffets to look forward to.

4. Rush

Rush MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.