1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Favorite Holiday non-profit...Modest Needs, helping the self-sufficient, but struggling

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Multifarious5, Dec 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok, I don't normally make a plug, but I wanted to share a really cool site in the spirit of the holidays...Modest Needs. There are a ton of wonderful charitable organizations, but this is one that has been near and dear to my heart for years.

Basically, it is a site that helps helps the people that are struggling paycheck to paycheck...hardworking people who are self-sufficient, but who are in a constant financial struggle. One car repair bill, medical bill, unexpected expensive power bill, can thrust them from self-sufficient, to drowning.

These are your average, everyday hardworking Americans who, unfortunately, received an unexpected financial blow. (Vets, teachers, mechanics, janitors, waitstaff, you name it.) These are often our neighbors whom we find out later, had their house foreclosed, they lost their job, etc. and we wish we would have only known, as we would have tried to help.

What's even neater, is that you get to pick the family/person case you help. Even 5 dollars can make a huge difference, as the cases usually aren't a huge bill overall, but they ARE a huge bill for those that are struck with them.

So, if you have any interest, and are looking for a neat charity during the holiday season, check out www.modestneeds.org

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah and happy holidays!

Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
  2. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you for sharing!
    I dream of hand pays, but a lot of folks need an honest hand-up out there.

Have a Merry Christmas!

:santa:RICHARD

3. LV2GAMBLE

LV2GAMBLE Certified LOW Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Growing up in a family of poverty, I always have a soft-spot for those places that provide meals for others. A couple of the charities that I donate to would be Salvation Army and another local one called New Life Center. Ideally, I like to keep my money local and support those less fortunate. Merry Christmas to all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.