1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Paris on duty host ?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by vegasqc, Dec 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm currently staying at Paris, before checking out I usually always check with a host to see if some stuff(resort fee, meals charged to room) can be taken off my bill and then go to the front desk .

This morning there was no one at the TR desk so I went and ask them about that and the guy told me we don't do that here you just go to the front desk and pay with your points. I was like??? So I asked him again and he told me we don't do back end comps here you can only pay with your points

Never had any issue with finding on duty host in the past at flamingo or ph so is this a Paris thing or did the guy at the TR desk didn't know what he was talking about.

Where is the host office? I ve been here for a couple of days and haven't seen it yet

PS Before someone ask the guy at the TR office didn't even look at my card or play so thats not why he dismissed me

2. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I called the TR office on the room phone and they handled my whole checkout from there. Sorry I can't help you with the location of the office.

• Like Like x 1
  3. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Host office is in the back of the Champagne (high limit) slots, which is on the back wall between the cafe and Ramsay Steak.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always contact the duty host by phone.

• Like Like x 1
  5. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the help

6. DJ Ran

DJ Ran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There's usually a host inside the Diamond check in, I've used that in the past when my host wasn't available.

7. shellieshoe

shellieshoe Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Any time I have ever stayed at Paris or Bally's or any other CET in Vegas - they always take my points first. A couple of years ago I had a lot of play there and asked about airfare reimbursement. The host in the Diamond check in said we can reimburse up to $750. I said great and he said but it will be deducted from your points. I had $770 in RC points.

8. john1516inny

john1516inny High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Diamond check-in room normally has a host, if not the associates at the check-in desk can get one for you.

9. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well that was an adventure, I went last night(inside diamond check in), telling the host(young guy around 30) I was going to be checking out tomorrow( this morning) and asked if it was better to just comeback tomorrow(htis morning), so he says just let me have a look at it to give you a general idea

So he started typing and in not even10 seconds tells me dont worry about it I'm gonna comp everything, only thing was that he couldn't do last night of resort fee yet cause it was to early and it didn't showed on my bill yet , I just had to comeback after 8 am this morning to get it waived off as well.

So I get down here around 830 am this morning(old guy 65 plus for sure) I tell him what happened last night, and he starts to type, oh you are a gold player we don't comped resort fee at that level I have no idea why the guy did that last night he must have had is reasons but I just don't see it. He already gave you 210$ ( 4 nights of fees plus 65$ dinner charge)

We went back and forth for a while and in the end he tells me your story seems to check out so I will do it for this time but don't expect it to happen again.

The young guy last night removed the charges himself but this old guy didn't even do that he just yelled at the woman working the diamond check in desk my room number and told her to remove the fee.

In the end I don't know who was right but the whole experience really rubbed me the wrong way

10. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well at least I will feel comfy enough to ask at Diamond check-in next trip at Paris - wasn't even sure where I should ask there. I asked at Ballys last time (only $85 in charges after using all RCs) & the host said 'is that all she wants? Sure'. Stopped at Flamingo Diamond check-in the night before I checked out in November & I knew I was sunk when they told me who they were calling down (my worthless former host from there). I got 'well it is what it is'. (Only looking at about $80 in charges that time also). Play was a bit less than spring but the attitude of spring host that I could have had a ton more left me to expect I might get part of the $80 at least on the play I had. Oh well! I only ever charge what I can afford to pay out of my own pocket so it is just a bonus if I get extra.

11. DerbyCityGal

DerbyCityGal Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The old guy you had sounds like the one that was always there when we asked for comps, he would not give up anything! It always just seemed to end our trip on a bad note. I don't understand how they can keep such hateful people around. We have a great host now and I would never go in that office and take the chance of encountering "Jim" again!

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.