1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Flamingo--Will they hold a suitcase overnight?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Nebraska, Dec 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nebraska

Nebraska Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm coming in Thursday and staying one night comped at Paris, but then I'm taking off Friday for one night in LA. On Saturday, I'm coming back and staying two nights at Flamingo. I will be out of Vegas for approximately 26 hours, my question is whether or not I could get Flamingo to take my (small) suitcase and keep it there overnight after I check out from Paris on Friday until I check in on Saturday.

Does anyone know if they will do that? If not, any other ideas? I'd love to find a way to not have to lug it with me to LA if possible. Thanks!

Also, any general idea of the shape of Flaming right now? I'll search the forum but I've never stayed there.

2. bdautch

bdautch VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe someone will correct my assumption, but if you check the bag with a concierge, would they really even notice if you came back 26 hours later or 26 minutes later? Sure, I could see them wondering about it after a week or something, but I'd imagine you could get away with this and they wouldn't even realize the time frame the bag was there for. No?

3. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I might suggest that you simply phone their bell desk and ask. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Scottndindy

Scottndindy High-Roller

Leaving bag for 26 hours is no problem at all. No need for explanation. Just check it with Bellman.

5. yojimbo1

yojimbo1 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agree with Scott.......I once checked a bag for a week with the Bellagio bell desk. I didn't mention the duration when i checked the bag.

6. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you ask, the answer MIGHT be no.

It is normal for people to check bags while waiting for their room. Nobody checks to see WHEN you are due to get a room, or if you did.

Do not rule out checking/leaving it at Paris as that is normal as well. People check out in the morning and have a late night flight. Again, nobody checks at least for a few days.

No matter what you do... make sure you have your cell number on the bag.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. urbanphotos

urbanphotos Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What's in the bag? If it's something like t-shirts, socks, underwear, toothbrush, toothpaste, it might be worth it to you to simply buy that stuff at one of the CVS or Walgreens on the strip instead of storing it and wondering if it will be there when you get back.

8. Nebraska

Nebraska Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I mean it'll be all of my clothes including some nicer shirts and pants. So that won't be much of an option.

I'll probably be up front with them and ask and if they say no or otherwise give me bad vibes, I'll just take it to LA.

9. mona

mona Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As someone said, it shouldn't be an issue to leave the bag at the baggage check at the hotel. I stayed at the Flamingo last week the room was fine.

Flamingo with the sibs!!!
    5 nights NYNY!!!
  10. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do as you wish, but whenever asking something, it is human/employee nature to say "No", or "I will go check with my boss" and that person will say "No" - even when it is okay.

11. Nebraska

Nebraska Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Point very well taken. Maybe I'll just toss it to them and hope for the best.

12. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just drop it off and be on your way. It will be there when you return and if there's a problem, they'll call you. I know a few people that habitually forget their bags at restaurants in airports. I'm sure there are folks that get on planes and forget their bags in Vegas. They don't toss the bags down the unclaimed bag chute and incinerate them.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.