1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Weird SWA landing announcement

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Joe, Oct 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hawaiian Airlines used to play "Viva Las Vegas" upon arrival. Gotta admit it gets me pretty excited! Don't know if they still do it because lately my trips to Vegas were on Omni Airlines on Vacation Hawaii charters.

On these flights the FA usually announces "Welcome to fabulous Las Vegas! Good Luck, win lots of money so you can again fly with us on Omni Airlines and Vacation Hawaii" :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

2. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If the SW FA crew has jokes, they will pull out "Lost Wages" on you. I almost expect it.

3. dreric

dreric Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My fave SWA flight was the FA who basically told us to ignore the other FA and rapped the "put your seatbacks and tray tables into the upright position". The guy was good!

4. Coecat

Coecat Low-Roller

We had the granddaughter of Dale Evans/Roy Rogers as our SWA flight attendant into Vegas once and she sang "Happy Trails" after we landed.

5. Rush

Rush MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:

I can't stand those pricks who drag someone else into their mess. If you get caught, YOU got caught! You don't tattle on the next guy in an effort to save your own ass.

As far as the announcement goes, I can't find an issue. The bar isn't competing with the airline, so they should have no issue. What if you work in an office building, and tell people there to swing by the bar you just opened? Is that a work rule violation?

6. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just to be clear. I didn't have an issue with the announcement, I just found it strange.

7. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lost wages is very common. Checking into Atlanta Delta Club and heard it there. Also often on various planes.

As to a casual mention of his/her bar - what is the big deal? Doing a long ad is another thing, but just mentioning it? Big freakin deal.

(not addressing the OP - he already said he had no issue with it)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.