1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Fremont Video Poker Tournament July 8-10

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by zoey11, Jul 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zoey11

zoey11 Mid roller and Vegas fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a room and entry to this, but no info on when and what happens?
    The clerk who booked the room didn't seem to know anything. I wont arrive until late afternoon,
    and wondered what time each day everything was?
    Also, we have to walk from Fremont to El Cortez on saterday to watch a fight. Can we walk
    straight down to El Cortez? I seem to remember last time, having to walk all the way around
    it to a back entrance, and with the heat, I want the fastest entrance possible, if anyone
    can tell me if I pass the hotel or exactly where entrance is from Fremont St?
    I have asked for a room high, away from noise, but wondered if anyone ever has luck
    asking for a mini suite here with tip?
    Thanks for info! Would love to meet up with any VMB members who are going!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Paul_376

Paul_376 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No helpfull info for you but good luck

3. bluesdude

bluesdude VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In answer to your question about getting to ElCo, yes you just walk east on Fremont to get to El Co. You cant miss it. There is an enterance on Fremont. Googling it may help you see where things are.

How did you find out about the tournament at the Fremont? What ever media it was (mailer, email, website), doesn't it have the details on it? These tournements are usually early afternoon and do not take up much time, maybe an hour? I would call and ask to speak to a host. They usually know the details about these events.

Can't help you with the suite question. I have never stayed there, only played there.
    Have fun and good luck!!

Dead & Co with my son! June 4 or 5th - June 8th
  4. zoey11

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you! Yes, it came through a mailer. I have never stayed there but played a little previously. I'll call a host then, thanks!

5. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When you check in there should be information for you on the tournament. If you miss the registration, go to the slot club. You'll pick up an envelope with your tournament times on it. Each round takes about 15-20 minutes.

If you missed a day of the tournament, don't panic. Go and see the organizers as soon as you can - you can hang around and play your sessions if there is a spot available. I've done this a couple of times when I got in too late to register and past my assigned time - they've always been able to fit me in.

Note this is at the Cal, but I think it likely is run the same at Fremont. Maybe even the same people.

6. zoey11

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Flusher. when is your next trip? Love your trip reports!!

7. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unknown, thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.