1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Boston - beer festivals, other events? Trying to pick a weekend....

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by HoyaHeel, Jun 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Planning a trip to Boston sometime in the next 6-8 weeks (I have a delta companion ticket to use up and we have too much travel in the fall, so...) There's a Boston Beer & BBQ fest July 15-16, or Sierra Nevada Beer Camp June 18. I've seen a few other beer festivals - anything you guys recommend? Having a really hard time picking a weekend.

I've been to Boston a few times (I grew up in CT) but haven't visited since 1998, when I was job hunting (I turned down an offer in Boston to move to NC for grad school and loved it here, so....But I have a ton of friends from high school in the area still) Husband did some jobs there back in the 90s too, but he hasn't been since. So we'll probably do some of the tourist stuff (and he just loves anything water/boat related, and we both love beer. And lobstah - actually, I'd prefer to go up to Maine but it's easier - and cheaper - to do Boston this time)

2. bigalbr

bigalbr VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Beer camp has 128 breweries + you pay for food. BBQ fest has 20 breweries + 5 BBQ samples.

You probably can't go wrong either way. I like Sierra Nevada beers, so I'd probably go that way.

3. BlacklabberMike

BlacklabberMike MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you see Tree House Brewing at the festival check it out. outstanding beer and I don't just say that because my next door neighbor is one of the owners....

have you been to the USS Constitution?
    how about Boston Harbors National Island Recreation island?
    of course there's the duck boat tours

hear you about lobster and agree on maine....

hitting Oguncuit next weekend for wifes 60'th birtday....
    maine diner, bob's clam hut, barnacle billy;s.....drooling already

• Like Like x 1
  4. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My coworkers and I were just talking about the crazy lines at Tree House the other day. Haven't tried it yet myself.

5. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OK, we've booked the July 14-18 weekend. Already have reservations for the special Mash In tour at Sam Adams, before we even have hotel reservations ;-)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.