1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Help choose a show....

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by sybgal, Feb 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Will be in LV in April ....daughter & son-in-law always do a show & trying to decide which one this trip....have interest in "O" at Bellagio but would like recommendations on "O" & the following:

Zarkana / Le Reve / MJ Live / Zumanity

The MJ Live is only because they have always been fans of MJ. Can anyone help if you have seen any of them. They are mid-40's......Thanks!!

2. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have seen all of them except MJ Live. Of the four I have seen, O was my favorite, followed by Le Reve, Zumanity and Zarkana last. Zarkana is the only one of the four I didn't really enjoy. And even it was ok. It just didn't compare to the other shows. To me, La Reve was O light. It involves similar water and acrobatic aspects with some cheap magic thrown in. Its good. Just not as good as O. Zumanity is very different, mainly because of the size of the theater and more audience interaction than the other shows.

I have not seen MJ Live because I am not a big fan of tribute shows. But if they are MJ fans, I would recommend MJ One at Mandalay Bay. Its a tremendous show and includes all of MJs biggest hits. I like it as much as O

I Need Spa
  3. spdandpwr

spdandpwr VIP Whale

I am going with a diverse group and we're seeing Absinthe. Had, I had my way (which involved considering the shows you're looking at), I would've gone with MJ. It literally is one of the best reviewed shows going on right now. Them being MJ fans is an added bonus.

4. vegasnut

vegasnut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well i would certainly recommend le reve( the dream) its set in the wynn and although its not circle du soleil its pretty good....o in belaggio i heard is great though but alot more expensive
    MJ idont know i heard mixed reactions about that
    KA i liked alot
    Zarkana i didnt like so much and left early( was sick of the 2 lame clowns)
    Zumanity for me was two hands down the worst show( only the 2 asian ladies in the champagneglass was ok the rest was lame....maybe its a culture thing as we dutch are not so shook up if somebody talks about sex or if we see some boops)
    Anyway enjoy your show..my top shows are jersey boys/love/ka/le reve.....i always love legends as free show( diamond) as well

5. Madchef

Madchef Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    O or La Reve is my choice. Zarkana is closing because its not been well regarded. Have not heard great things about Zumanity except its the least of the Cirque shows(before Zarkana came out). MJ might be worth a nod if your into him. Haven't seen it but Love is great so if the mirror the music experience it would be worth it.

6. IM ALL IN

IM ALL IN High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Absinthe is my fav right now. But if they are offended by racy rauchy erotic and exotic and some swearing...not for them. MJ I've seen 5?6? times now (different people come down and I get tix)..but I think I'm over MJ now. I found no slow moments in MJ. Even if you are not an MJ fan, lots going on. O is def a spectacular and one you shouldn't miss (although I've always thought it could be 20 minutes shorter),,My 24 yr old is coming with his gf in March and sending them to O and Zumanity. Or KA and Zumanity. I liked KA just a bit better than O. And I really enjoyed Zumanity. Not many Cirques you get to laugh..Haven't seen Zarkana, well for the same reason someone else mentioned...a few too many so so reports. La Reve...I'd see O first over La Reve.

7. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Absinthe is great but very very raunchy. Be ready for sex/race/gender jokes big time. It's not for everyone. Zumanity I thought was fun, it's an R rated Cirque show. Dirty but not like Absinthe.

8. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks everyone! They are thinking "O" or MJ.....they have seen Absinthe / Love / another MJ tribute show at Rio a few years ago / Jubilee....closed not & they were bored....didn't appreciate the old time music...lol.....:)

9. vegasnut

vegasnut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fell asleep twice at jubilee:evillaugh

10. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Saw Jubilee a couple of years ago. Horrible. As much as I appreciate the "old time" Vegas shows that one had to go. They tried to "refresh" it recently but that didn't work either.

I saw the old Lido show at the Stardust. It featured Bobby Berosin and his orangutans. I don't remember much about that show other than Siegfried and Roy were in it for awhile.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.