1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

To Quote "Those Acts of God..."

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by wanker751, Feb 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wanker751

wanker751 Dutch Rudder Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    "Really stick it in and break it off" - Seth Gecko - From Dusk Til Dawn.

This morning I get a call from my very pregnant Mrs. Wanker, hysterical that I need to come home from work. She was home with a cold and so was my son. First thing that runs through my mind is oh my god something is wrong with the baby. Thankfully no baby and mom are ok. Honestly and making me feel guilty a tad bit but in the moment, where my thoughts were, I was a tad relieved when she told me the news that her stepfather was killed in a car crash this morning and her stepsister was in the hospital. Obviously after the fact I do not feel relieved but that was my state of at the time.

Sister (22) (I am dropping the step cause honestly that makes it seem less important somehow) is ok. Sheered three teeth off, a few stitches on her knee and bruised face. No broken bones, in the face or anywhere. I am sure she has a concussion but other than that it is a miracle she is not worse off. Mentally though I cannot imagine, as her dead father (64) lay on her lap in the car. She was sleeping before it happened. Also their dog a wiener dog had to be put down as well. He would always go with them. That poor girl she will have a lot of mental healing to go through that is for sure.

As I wrote before in a thread about tipping newspaper delivery people, that is what he did. A hard working Canadian, my Father in Law lived a very hard life. He lost his leg to a farming accident that probably would kill most people. He got sucked into a reaper or something like that up to his chest almost. They was not much he could do when he married my MIL. So he worked with papers. Seven nights a week. 10:00 PM to 7 AM. The routes he did were in the country so long distances. No days off, except for a few vacations here and there but even less so recently. He had lung cancer and was on oxygen, so my SIL had to go with him on the routes while working a job as a gas station clerk. I suppose this was a better way to go than my father. My FIL was getting weak. He died of a injuries to the neck and instant no suffering. I suppose that is a plus? Who the fuck knows.... we try to find positives in tragedy to make ourselves feel better.

He was a tough SOB from Peterborough, ON. One time he got busted for drinking in public or something, was in jail to sober up, goes to the judge the next day and he was more shit faced than the night before. Turns out he had whiskey in his prosthetic leg and was drinking the cell! :drunk: The judge couldn't figure that one out. There is a story of him betting a guy up outside a bar swinging on his crutches, wouldn't wanna take him on one legged or not in an ass kicking contest.

One of his rare nights off, I took him to see strippers at the local bar. We drank a lot (don't ever...ever try to keep up with a Canadian!) and did several body shots. Well we get home a few blocks away to my MILs house I before we go in the door I tell him "Don't tell the future Mrs. Wanker about the body shots" So we get inside and are questioned how it went and how much we drank... we counted up our drinks and he yells out "DON'T FORGET ABOUT THE BODY SHOTS!" :drunk::drunk:

Wow this is getting rambling.... So what is with my quote? Two reasons 1. I am cursed. My birthday is in a few weeks and I lost my Grandma (the gambling one) 4 days before, another grandma and cousin few weeks before, my cat few weeks before, my dad had his stroke or whatever it was when we found out the cancer went to his brain, the day before. Listen if you know me, be very careful around Feb 21....

2. My FIL had decided he could not take the grind of the job and was two weeks from his last delivery. But a little snow and freezing drizzle in Central Indiana and the state being extra shitty in getting roads salted (this happened less then 2 miles form highway department on a state road.. suck it Indiana) and now he will be buried on Saturday. (need to wait for Canadian family to come down)

I am sure he is up in heaven with his dog and his son (he lost in a fire at a state home the day he was going to pick him up. He was there cause his daughter, not this one, accused him falsely of abuse. She is mentally ill. This guy had it rough) smoking players unfiltered cigarettes and drinking Canadian Club.

If you are at a bar or have some CC around, take a shot for a really tough, but sweetheart of a man.

Oh and tip your paper delivery person!

2. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry to hear man. :( But since you point out he was in failing health, maybe a blessing in disguise? Glad his daughter got away with minor injuries.

Kicking off the Trip with Two New Hotels to Us!!!
  3. Char1

Char1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wanker so sorry for your loss.
    I will have a CC for him!

RIP FIL

4. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry to hear you're going thru a tough time ,losing someone that you admired is never easy. Some lucky folks have the perfect families and just skip down the sunny side of life's street. Guys like you and me just have to tough it out and get over things till the next situation comes along. My condolences and take care.

5. IM ALL IN

IM ALL IN High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Always tip the paper delivery people. You do that when you've delivered them yourself with your kids. And I will have a CC tonight.

6. wanker751

wanker751 Dutch Rudder Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks a lot. Yeah in a way it may be. Just sucks his daughter had to be involved but thankfully she is ok.

Thanks you.

Thanks a lot.

CC tonight and Tim Hortons in the morning to get over the hang over! :beer:

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.