1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

does a tip help at shows?

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by tewitt1949, Jan 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tewitt1949

tewitt1949 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We haven't been to vegas in quite a while but planning on visiting in feb. Someone told me a long time ago that if you tip the person taking you to your seats they will upgrade your seating to something better. That was done a long time ago, does it still work?

2. tewitt1949

tewitt1949 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    found my answer in the stickies. at least $10 per person in your party.

3. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I tip $2.50 per person and it's worked for me. Sometimes quite well.

4. BenjaminNicholas

BenjaminNicholas MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This only works at open-seating showrooms, of which there are very few left.

All of the largest shows in town are specified seating, so a tip wouldn't work in that case.

And tipping $2.50 a person is ridiculous. This is 2016. $10pp is more appropriate.

5. Krh2o

Krh2o MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's true. It's shows in a cabaret style room that you get seated at. Also if it's at a CET property they keep the best seats for the 7 Star guests.

And yes at least $10 per person. If you take a date you tipping a $5 for the two of you? C'mon man. Just smile and don't tip if your handing out a $5.

6. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $5 has worked for me. But then again, I'm particularly charming and my wife is beautiful.

7. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This thread reminds me about attending a Smokey Robinson show in AC about 20 years ago. I folded up $20 and discretely slipped it to the Maitre 'd, we were seated so close I got splashed from the hair tonic on Smokie's Jheri curls. Great show, he locked eyes on my wife for one song, she was floored.

8. BarelyHangingOn

BarelyHangingOn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife's grandmother is 93 and have been to Vegas a few times although when I am not sure. I know she has stayed at the Imperial.

Before each of our two trips she has called to tell us to make sure and slip the guy seating us a tip to get better seats.

Priceless.

9. ChairmanMeow

ChairmanMeow Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Always works when I go to the movies :p

10. bardolator

bardolator Lifelong Low Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For some shows at slack times, you can get upgraded for free without even asking. At least that was true at "Jersey Boys" 4 years ago. Gives one pause.

11. abescan

abescan Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A few years ago my son and I bought upper tier seats for Penn & Teller. I gave the ticket taker our tickets along with a $10 bill about a half hour before the show and told us to wait on a bench and he'd get us just before the start. He came and took us to the 7th row center.....great seats! Those seats are all assigned so they must have been comped seats that were not given out.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.