1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Weekday dinner buffet - Mirage or Mandalay Bay

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by odp, Nov 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. odp

odp Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey all,

Have my choice between Mirage or Mandalay Bay for a free dinner buffet via myVegas for an upcoming trip - any recommendations? Free beer/wine at Mirage is appealing but I remember Mandalay being better in the past.

2. volfaninbama

volfaninbama High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would have to say Mirage is much better than MB. The last few times I have been to MB buffet it seems to be really going down hill. While Carvings at Mirage has been very consistently good.

3. rcc4au

rcc4au Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't had Mirage, but I can't imagine it is as bad as MB was when I ate there. Won't eat there again.

4. Krh2o

Krh2o MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like Mandalay Bay better. They also have the beer/wine option but I think it's extra now. Where are you staying? If you are staying my Mirage, I would not say MB is that much better to walk that far or take a cab.

5. Eric1285

Eric1285 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tried Cravings at the Mirage for the first time on a Thursday night last trip. Also used a myvegas reward. I wouldn't go back, even with the buy one get one free. I'm not a picky eater at all, but this was just not good. Crab legs were still frozen with bits of ice in them. Everything else was pretty "meh". Prime rib was over cooked. Not much selection or variety.

My expectations weren't high, but they weren't met.

6. PerryP

PerryP Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think the Mirage has a better selection. I ate at both the last time I was there in April. However, it wasn't nearly as good as last year.

7. Elf70

Elf70 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I ate at the Mandalay Buffet last week. It was much improved from the times I ate there in July and April.

8. thenuke1

thenuke1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Both are good IMO but if you love comfort / southern food, definitely go with Mandalay bay

9. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think the bigger decision point is tied to where you are staying, or spending time after dinner. I would be hard pressed to travel down to MB and then have to travel right back to Mirage. Or the opposite.

Then again, in our case, we often walk that entire distance during the day.

10. vsop

vsop VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I prefer MB over Mirage, primarily due to more variety, but free is free, so I would go with whichever place is more convenient at the time...

11. odp

odp Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Staying closer to Mirage, so I'll probably go with that. Thanks for the info everybody.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.