1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Oct 15-17 PH

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by LandryBalla9, Oct 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LB9

LB9 PH Blackjack Degen

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

So at last, after 2 years and 6 months (my last trip and right around when I joined) I can finally somewhat contribute to this subforum as I'm all packed. Flight leaves tomorrow from Dulles (I know, no non-stops out of Reagan cross country) at 6:20pm and God willing, I'll get in at 8:35pm to my paradise.

A bit about this trip- staying 2 nights comped at PH- will try the $20 trick since their basic Hollywood Hip rooms apparently suck and since it's a Thursday and not some special event, AND since I haven't been here in a while, I think I deserve it and it's not implausible to get a resort room or whatever is conceivable.

My game is blackjack, I occasionally dabble in other games if I bring friends (first solo trip actually so, so much for that lol) or if I meet some cool people (hoping to meet some VMB'ers, already talked to some awesome people here so perhaps!). I may try craps or roulette, who knows, but I can say one thing will happen: I will drink quite a bit. I'm 28, but my job necessitates that I keep it under control (attny for a fed contractor, boo! :( lol) but since DC is a drinking town and you really have to drink in order to conduct any business in this corrupt place, my liver is locked and loaded.

I'm hoping to hit the ground running Thursday, and since I'm an atrocious sleeper probably wake up after 2-3 hours sleep Friday. Then the fun begins, I have absolutely 0 plans! I've asked bronco and some other friends what I should do for food: Secret pizza apparently is where I'm getting lunch so I'll have to get 3 slices minimum in order to get the experience (never understood those who get one slice of pizza, come on! lol). Probably going to skip the fancy dinners unless I run into a group of 4-5 and they egg me on (I fail to peer pressure easily lol).

Any suggestions as what I should do bring em! I wish I could stay longer but I'm going just to clear my mind. The last time I went on Friday (this is when I had gone like 2-3 times in a few months) and I was at the Signature, the check in woman goes "Mr. Landryballa9, what brings you back to Las Vegas?" I looked at her and said "It's Friday night". She nodded a nod of approval that made me look like a cheshire cat lol. Needless to say, I'm hoping for a few more nods of approval from my Vegas brethren.

Downloading tapatalk tomorrow at work, let's do this! :wave:

2. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Kick some a$$, LB9!
    Just seeing the PH in your thread title has got me salivating for some Earl of Sandwich, but I have to wait a couple more months!
    -Richard

3. LB9

LB9 PH Blackjack Degen

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Haha thanks Richard! I just hope I can sleep tonight because I already know that I'll be very unproductive at work tomorrow!

4. Tbone3336

Tbone3336 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lets doe this Landry! I am aboard for all the action, hope you have a great flight out and hit the ground running :) Last night before a trip is never a good nights sleep, way to excited! Good Luck man. As for a casual dinner, NYNY had or has a mexican casual dinner place, that makes homemade guacamole with their chips that would be great for quick dinner. Also your not to far from the Linq pubs that I have not tried yet but seem cool for a quick casual dinner by the High Roller.

Game on!!

5. LB9

LB9 PH Blackjack Degen

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks tbone!!

Slept close to seven fragmented hours so I'll take it, plus I can leave work earlier now lol. Got. A59 on Southwest so hopefully that will get me an aisle sear somewhere near the middle or a window (just got a carry on, trying to get to the taxi line quickly).

Question guys- once I download tapatalk, is it relatively easy to post pics straight to VMB?

6. Nuggithed

Nuggithed Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I use the AA direct from Reagan, up at a reasonable hour and arrive just in time to gamble a bit before lunch. Tapa is pretty easy, have a great trip and we look forward to your report.

7. Elf70

Elf70 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have a great trip! I'll be following along. At this time next week I'll be heading to the airport for my trip. I hope the work day goes quickly for you, flight is on time, and you win big right away!

8. Tbone3336

Tbone3336 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Definitely easy. First you want to get Vegas Messaage board selected as a following board on tapatalk. Then find this thread and subscribe to it. On Tapatalk when there is a reply you will get a notice if you want that there has been a reply to your subscribed thread.

When you want to post a pic, open the thread, hit the reply box and the + sign next to it to open a larger response box. At the bottom of the response box will be icons for camera - Photos and a few others. If you want to take a pic then and there hit the camera button and the camera will open and you can take the pic and it will be placed in the response box. If you have already taken the pic, hit the pic Icon on the bottom instead of the camera icon which takes you to your photos app and select the photo to insert and it will insert the link in the response box. you can attach 6 photos to each response, but smiley faces and such count as a photo so any emotes reduce the number of imbedded photos you can attach to each post.

Then just hit reply. It sounds more complicated than it is really.

9. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah it's easy. Take a pic of your roll or something a little in advance to test it.

If you like good whiskey with your blackjack at the 50+ level, remember whiskey down at MGM. They also have dogfish head 60 min. IPA there too. And TAG Lounge at Linq has a shit ton of craft beers. But it's 6:5 electronic crapjack, or even money at the bar, so that place is more about drinking than playing for lots of money. ;)

Good luck!

10. B S

B S MIA

Good luck! GO kick some ass!

11. Suekel

Suekel VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have a great trip! Our last two stays at PHo we were able to upgrade from Hollywood Hip to Resort Vista, which is a much better room, IMO. I love PHo for it's location, vibe and food options. It's VP paytables, not so much.

Consider YardHouse at the Linq for a meal, you can eat at the bar, food is quite decent and the beer selection is killer.

12. LB9

LB9 PH Blackjack Degen

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Really appreciate the well wishes guys! I'll probably go take out 1500 in a few mins for the first night and if need be (hope not lol) hit the ATM down there. Supposedly it's near 90 so I can wear shorts for the first time in a month haha.

Will definitely use the food suggestions too as its like every year there's new stuff and I'm up for whatever!

RE whiskey down- 50 dollar BJ mins are good for me, but what are the rules there? I hear it's an awesome ambience at whiskey down but was curious if they have some good rules.

Leaving work in 4 hours!

13. LB9

LB9 PH Blackjack Degen

Trips to Las Vegas:
    [​IMG]

GAMETIME (hopefully this is working or the aforementioned pic is pointless haha).

Took well over an hour to get through TSA at Dulles, showed up way to early
    So I was good thankfully.

14. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have a great trip my man! Also trust me and hit up julian serrano at aria like i told you. You wont regret it!

15. LB9

LB9 PH Blackjack Degen

Trips to Las Vegas:
    [​IMG]

Ready ha

16. LB9

LB9 PH Blackjack Degen

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks bronco, never doing Dulles again tho! Lol

17. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good luck!! Hope you win VERY big.... :) Thanks for taking us along....

18. Char1

Char1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey landryballa9 good luck!
    Looking forward to your TR.

19. KyleB

KyleB Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good luck and have a great time!

20. Hobofrank

Hobofrank Prime Minister of Idiocracy

Trips to Las Vegas: