1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

any new 5-star hotel plans on vegas strip?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by random512, Oct 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. random512

random512 Low-Roller

Hi, any new 5-star hotel plans on vegas strip? Aria was built in 2009. Cosmo opened late 2010. Are you aware of any 5-star hotel plans that are in the works or that are currently being discussed? How long does it usually take to build a new hotel on Vegas strip?

2. NeonTurtle14

NeonTurtle14 I Run the Vegas Hotdog Stand

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Resorts World, still planned to open next year I believe. Supposed to have an Asian/Chinese theme (I think this may be the same as a resort in Macau already? someone can correct me on that if I'm wrong).

Supposed to have a panda exhibit and indoor water park as some of its attractions.

3. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There's that as yet unnamed project across The Strip from Wynn/Encore headed by Packer and Pascal. And, directly North of that is the Genting project - Resorts World. It's likely both projects will include at least one (possibly more) 5-star accommodations.

Bill

4. random512

random512 Low-Roller

5. shemesh

shemesh Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  6. Hyperfocal

Hyperfocal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm skeptical that either are true 5 star properties. Alon might be, but Resorts World has very little evidence of being more than a basic 3-4 star place.

7. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Who said Cosmo is a 5-star hotel?
    AAA list 2015: Aria, Aria Sky Suites, Bellagio, Wynn Tower Suites, Skylofts at MGM Grand, Mandarin, Four Seasons
    Forbes list 2015: Aria Sky Suites, Wynn Tower Suites, Encore Tower Suites, Skylofts at MGM Grand, Mandarin (Aria, Bellagio and Four Seasons on the 4-star list)

8. random512

random512 Low-Roller

thanks for posting that jejas. was cosmo a 5-star hotel when it opened or do a lot of people simply have the misperception that cosmo is a 5-star hotel?

9. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cosmo never on the lists I believe.
    Forbes' list is more strict and I think closer to the truth. For example: Aria (not the Sky Suites) should not be a 5-star, but Encore Tower Suites should be.

10. hail2skins

hail2skins VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The "official" opening year for Resorts World is 2018, but frankly I doubt it opens by then, and am increasingly skeptical that this place is going to be built. They had a groundbreaking ceremony in May and claim they are working on a parking garage (which was already partially constructed by Boyd) so that all of the construction workers will have to place to park. If so, this has to be the slowest construction of a parking garage in the history of mankind. Serious doubts here. However, I'm pretty sure that plans for the first tower do include a VIP wing which may be 5-star a la the Wynn/Encore Tower Suites.

Alon will be interesting.......supposed to have only 1100 rooms, but that VIP tower with only 188 rooms surely will be 5-star.

Although technically not on the Strip, I'm interested to see the final product of Lucky Dragon. Near the corner of Sahara and the Strip, only 300 rooms but is actually well under construction and is supposed to open sometime next year. However, we'll see how it does, as the location (as evidenced by the struggles of SLS) is challenging.

11. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is Lucky Dragon as of this week - shot looking West. The 4-story parking garage is in the right foreground and the 10-story hotel tower is in the background. At this rate, they'll be done by Spring.

[​IMG]

Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.