1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Gallagher's Steak House or Tender?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by CaliMike, Sep 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CaliMike

CaliMike “My home away from home”

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will be in Vegas later this month and wanted to try on of these Steak Houses. Which one is better in your opinion? I am not going for the drinks or sea food just a good Rib Eye Steak. I am not trying to spend $200 to $300 hundred dollars for two people.

2. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, at either place you are at $100 just buying a ribeye for each of you. That is a la carte with no sides.

Assume you each get an appetizer or dessert, and you split 1 side we are talking $140-$150 before tax and tip.

Not trying to rain on your parade, just pointing out that a bare bones meal at either place is pushing into a budget territory you say you aren't comfortable with. Their menus are online if you'd like to get an idea beforehand.

I think Tender has a much cheaper prix fixe menu, but it includes a filet, not a ribeye.

3. fresnofishfan

fresnofishfan Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never tried Gallaghers, always wanted to. Steaks look so nice in the window....
    I have been to Tender. I think I spent about $350 with tip for four people.Food was awesome. Service was even better, the waiter had two tickets to the show we were rushing to catch at the window ready to go , and had a car waiting for us outside . Thanks to him we made it on time. This was about 5 years ago.

4. CaliMike

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Okay, okay who has the better tasting steaks food sides etc, between the 2. Any recent experiences?

5. pressitagain

pressitagain VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have been to both.

Gallaghers is a nice place. Great service. One great ribeye....one not so great.

Tender is underrated. Perfect score in ribeye department. Last one was a 36oz that you could tear apart with a fork.

Another one to consider would be Charlie Palmers at MB. Excellent!!!

Tender wins!!!!

6. Bigmac14

Bigmac14 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with pressitagain..Tender for me had the better Ribeye and the service was amazing.

Dinner for the 2 of us was $250 include appy, drinks and desert we shared the 34oz Tomahawk Ribeye

7. keno60

keno60 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My sister had the bison ribeye and it was not $100. i had the large filet and with drinks and 2 sides our bill was under $200. I cocktail each. She still raves about the ribeye.

8. keno60

keno60 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    By the way there is a My Vegas discount available !

9. NickPapageorgio

NickPapageorgio OG of the Sal Sagev Hotel

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On the value front, there is currently a $100 Groupon for $69 for BLT Steak at Ballys. With coupon codes, you can get the $100 voucher for $51.75. BLT Steak is mid-tier, but comparable to Gallaghers and better than Tender.

Nick:beer:

10. jbpiv01

jbpiv01 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Gallaghers has been my favorite place for the last 8 years or so consistantly great. Steaks cooked just right, perfect flavor, i usually get asparagus, and a ceasar salad. BUT... went this past August (4 weeks ago) and sorry to say the food and service was terrible. It took 50 min from time of ordering to get my steak, the salad came right away. I asked a couple of times and they kept saying it was on the way...when it finally got to me, it was cold. When I pointed it out to my waiter, he took it, brought it back 10 min later and it was still cold but overdone. I tried to be polite, they ended up comping my Guiness.
    Went to BLT Steak the next night and was very happy!

11. CaliMike

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for all the replies, I think I will try Tender this time.

12. NewOrleansSlimm

NewOrleansSlimm VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    went to gallaghers last october, my family was staying at NYNY and my uncle seen the aging steaks in the freezer, he said we would try it out...when we went, we seen several people sit and then get up an leave because of slow service. as we got our app, the stuffed portabella mushroom, which was really good. we could hear the table next to us talking about how bad the steaks were. we were already kind of committed as we ordered already. when it was done, my uncle tried to give me the rest of his unfinished steak, i ate mine but it wasnt anything speacial, could have done the same at my house. my other uncle was so unhappy and he picked the place that he refused to let anyone pay for their meal.

now I have only eaten there and at homestead and homestead was nice, I am however going to check out BLT in october as not only good reviews here, some friends said it was beyond good and service was top notch

13. Bo333

Bo333 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I go to both all the time. Went to both the week before last.
    I like both, but give a slight edge to Gallaghers, only because I like the sides better there. But others I go with would probably give the edge to Tenders.

IMO you can't go wrong with either one.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.