1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Online Cirque redemption issue

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by troyzilla, Sep 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. troyzilla

troyzilla Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi all -

one of my friends is coming along to Vegas with me in November and is an M Life member. He is trying to purchase a KA ticket but when he clicks on the redeem link and logs into M Life it says his MyVegas is not alligned to his MLife. He has called MLife and they have little advice.

My question is this - I have bought a KA ticket via my MLife with no problems. If he uses his MyVegas to buy one and the redemption is sent to me can I redeem that second ticket in my MLife account? Will that cause any issues as I would obviously have to pick both up then.

2. KevinF2020

KevinF2020 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    While I can't say for certain, as I've never done this, it does sound like a no-no. From what I'm gathering, you're asking if your friend redeems a KA ticket via his MyVegas and enters your info. If that's indeed what you're asking, then I'm sure you'd have problems because once an MLife reward is redeemed from a MyVegas account, it is supposedly forever linked to that account. If your friend has never redeemed an MLife reward from his MyVegas, then his account would forever be linked to you - which would also be a problem since you HAVE purchased an award with your MyVegas already - you would technically have TWO MyVegas accounts and there's a chance they could both be banned for violating the Terms of Service. If your friend HAS redeemed an MLife reward with his MyVegas account before, then he shouldn't be able to change it to your name and if he does, that's also against the TOS. The issue I don't think is MLife per se, but more MyVegas. I don't know what, if anything, MLife would do in that circumstance, but I don't think MyVegas would allow it. If they did, I bet many people would have multiple MyVegas accounts ("friends") and funnel all the prizes to one person (themself). I'm not implying you are doing this, but if they allowed it, that's likely what would happen and so I'm sure they watch for things like this.

Perhaps your friend should contact MyVegas about it. Although I don't think they're very responsive.

Has your friend ever redeemed a MyVegas MLife reward for? If so, was it under his name? It should already be linked to him if that's the case. If he purchased it for someone else, thinking that you can enter anyone's information and gift rewards, it might be linked to THAT person. If he's never used his LP's to purchase any MLife reward before, then he should just be able to enter his info. When you purchase the reward it doesn't ask for MLife account info, so it SHOULD just email him the confirmation and he can just redeem it at MLife booth. I think even people who do not have MLife accounts can purchase rewards and take the confirmation and just sign up for MLife when redeeming.

Good luck getting it worked out in any case. Hopefully it works out for you guys.

3. troyzilla

troyzilla Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi Kevin -

he has used a BOGO for Believe before - and had no issues when talking to an operator - just this online thing isn't working. Also had no problems with buffets etc.

I think I'll just get him to call MyVegas tomorrow.

4. nyonefivetwo

nyonefivetwo Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had this exact problem. Apparently it had to do with my e-mail address changing. MyVegas was associated with an old e-mail address, but I had updated my mLife account with my new address. I switched it back to the old one and it worked like a charm.

5. LVHooked

LVHooked High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can call m life and have them transfer you to my vegas, and they will set up your reservation.

6. troyzilla

troyzilla Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you all - the issue was the email address linked to m-life. All sorted now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.