1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

UPDATE- MSS- Boar's Head-VP

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by Joe, Aug 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just got an email from my bartender friend at MSS and all the new machines they recently installed at 8/5 DDB have been changed to 9/5 DDB. Still not as good as 4Q and Cal at 9/6 but an improvement. I'll play 9/5 DDB and chat with the bartenders and CWs for 1%.

Maybe VP players are more intelligent then management gives them credit for. When we were there end of July, beginning of August those five machines at 8/5 were often times empty. That used to be never the case. Or, who knows, people just didn't like the look of the new machines? I like to think it's the former.

2. Jimbucc

Jimbucc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Played at your number 1 seat with Jasonargo in number 2. Wicked Wife and hubby and I cant remember who else played on down the line. Got to meet bartender Jose I believe. Played 9/6 JOB for awhile but didn't hit anything significant. Had a relaxing time chewing the fat with Jasonargo.

3. bluesdude

bluesdude VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is great news Joe! I like spending some of my playing time at the bar also and chatting a bit with Oleg. Is the DDB still a progressive? Quarter level or dollar or both?

Dead & Co with my son! June 4 or 5th - June 8th
  4. DESPERADO

DESPERADO VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :nworthy: thanx for update. :beer:

5. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can also verify this after meeting jasonargo. I need to change the list probably. But also drunk at gold coast bar right now. Lol

I think it's both. People don't like newer machines because they lose more with newer machine usually thanks to lower paytables. When I met up with jasonargo at 9 pm on Thursday, most spots were taken.

Also boyd resets for the gaming day at gold coast before 4am. Just removed my card at 340a and started a new gaming day. I'm guessing 3 am is the cutoff there.

Also updated the bartop list at mss and Filament. Wanker751 missed their best game. IGT doesn't allow a lower paytable than 97.69% for Double Bonus Deuces Wild, iirc. Also found the minimum allowed double deuces wild (98.86%) on a new game king on the floor at MSS for quarters. First time I ever saw a new unit have that game.

6. wanker751

wanker751 Dutch Rudder Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Haha, I only checked out the bonus paytables. But that is good to know Tring, though I doubt I will ever play it, well maybe I can brush up on it before I go for football.

Do you remember if MSS on the new machines you can set the speed? I usually play at slow or second slowest if I can,... mostly cause I cannot help myself from pounding away. I also make fewer mistakes this way.

7. Mgilmore

Mgilmore Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think my favorite place in all of Vegas is sitting at the Boar's Head Bar, playing video poker, shooting the shit with the bartenders there. :drunk:

8. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unfortunately I don't remember. The old unit I got to play on did have the speed setting though. Most STP games often have settings (but not always)

9. RIRugrat

RIRugrat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Joe. I was just there less than 2 weeks ago and the new machines there were 8/5 DDB. Glad that MSS listens to their customers, it's such a rarity nowadays.

Chris

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.