1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Pro Football Viewing

Discussion in 'The Sports Book' started by DanO, Aug 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanO

DanO Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last couple of times out I've been to the LVH (Westgate) on NFL Sundays for their theater viewing party. Like it a lot, but I noticed the Stratosphere does a similar thing, in a theater not the sports book, to show all the games. I like the idea that there is seating at tables and not just theater seats. So wondering....anybody been to this at The STRAT and how does it compare to Westgate?

2. Wedgefromhere

Wedgefromhere Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I much prefer the Strat for several reasons. I like sitting in the booths instead of theater seats like you. In addition, they have servers and they accept drink tickets, so you don't have to go and buy your drinks. They also have a couple of $5 BJ tables dealt by hotties. They're 6/5, but there's still nothing better than watching and betting on football, drinking a cold beer and playing BJ with attractive dealers in short shorts.

Haven't been back to the Westgate (on Sundays) since discovering the Strat party four or five years ago.

3. Dr Nostron

Dr Nostron VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This sounds promising - how hard to get a booth??

4. Gmoney10

Gmoney10 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Went to the Strat 2 years ago to watch games with my wife and got there a half hour to hour before the games started. No booths open, but got in a booth before the second set of games when the waitress asked if we wanted it and saved it for us. We enjoyed watching the all the games there.

5. Wedgefromhere

Wedgefromhere Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not hard. Doors open at 9:00. I get there a few minutes before that and have my pick of where I want to sit. The times I've been there, you can even get there just before kickoff and still get a pretty good seat.

6. DanO

DanO Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds awesome Wedge. I'm from Cleveland my buddy from San Francisco both teams playing at 1pm the weekend we will be there. Do you find that people from the first games clear out so you can get a booth if you come for the later games?

7. Wedgefromhere

Wedgefromhere Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hard to say. There are definitely people that just come for the early games and leave when those games are over. I'm not sure how much come from the booths though. Even if you get a table, you can't really go wrong.

8. Crambone

Crambone Gnaeus Pompey Magnus

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been there once, probably 3 years ago. The big plus for me was the free wifi and no smoking. I got there kinda late and had to sit at a small table in the back row. I got lucky because there was a power outlet nearby for the laptop.

I would love to see a Downtown property copy this format. Hey, Plaza, are you listening?

Found my first review...

Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
  9. POPO2012

POPO2012 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been several times and Wedgefromhere hit it on the head. Staff was friendly, satellite gambling in the theater, tables did clear after the early game but more fans filled them in. Had a lot of fun. People wearing their teams jerseys. A couple of my buddies prefer college games so they played blackjack and stared at the dealers boobs.

10. DanO

DanO Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice review.... I think we'll be dropping Westgate for the Strat this year!

11. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm interested in finding a place to watch games as well. Anything decent closer to mid strip like around Bellagio, Ph, Cosmo,etc? Doesn't have to be a sports book. I've seen places do deals where they have a small buffet and maybe a drink package for things like UFC and the super bowl. Anything good for Sunday nfl? Anyone do anything special for the Sunday night game or is that a non event since it's just one game?

12. AngryDux

AngryDux Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here is a link (download the menu at bottom of page) for drink/food specials going on at MGM properties for the 2015 football season. I'm gonna try out the Monte Carlo's "The Pub" $39.99 all you can drink $29.99 all you can eat or BOTH for $52.99 during next weekends football games.

13. trsopko

trsopko Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you for the question and answers...I was trying decide between the two after visiting LVH/Westgate three times, but never trying Stratosphere. I always thought the food specials were pretty good at Westgate, how does the Strat compare with game day food?

14. Wedgefromhere

Wedgefromhere Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe the food comes from one the restaurants and is brought to you by a server, so you don't have to stand in a long line and miss the action. The last time I was at Westgate, probably over 5 years ago, it was crappy hot dogs and the like. The Strat's food options cost a little more, but the quality and choice is much better from what I remember about Westgate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.