1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Favourite Car Shows

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by The Stig, Aug 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Stig

The Stig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Aside from Top Gear which is undergoing a transition and should return next year, what other car shows do you like to watch. Of course Counting Cars is one of my favourite shows but I'm also a big fan of Fast n Loud and you get to see them work on the cars more than you do in Counting Cars. There is a show on Discovery called Wheeler Dealers in the UK which is about buying a classic car and restoring it, they started with buying cars in the UK then branched out to Europe and then started importing classic cars from the USA.

2. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Top Gear (with Clarkson, May and Hammond) was the best, of course. Is their new show on Amazon going to be called Top Gear? I’ll definitely watch whatever they do. I have no desire to watch a so-called Top Gear that doesn’t feature them.

The American Top Gear wasn’t too bad (is it still on?) – started off weak but definitely got better. Of course, since I don’t even know if it’s still on, I suppose I’m not terribly enamored of it.

Wheeler Dealers is good too. I also like Chasing Classic Cars. That dude gets some sweet ones.

3. Guy

Guy Captain of the Heads

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I quite like "Chasing Classic Cars" as Wayne Carini, the lead 'character', seems nice and down to earth and not some shouty reality tv star.

I'm sure they were never shown stateside but Discovery Europe did a whole series of shows titled "A <vehicle name> is born" where they built or restored different things such as an MGB, a replica Cobra, a helicopter, a motorcycle, and a Racing Car one that you get to see the back of my head at a race meeting...

4. The Stig

The Stig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Their show will have to be called something else as the BBC hold the rights to the Top Gear name and also they wont be able to have The Stig either as he is also copyrighted to the BBC. The U.S version used to be shown over here on BBC3 but have not seen it for a while, it was ok but difficult to get anywhere near the original.

5. Hobofrank

Hobofrank Prime Minister of Idiocracy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    TG the real one
    Wheeler Dealers (on Velocity channel in the US and A)
    Chasing Classic cars (also Velocity)
    Whats my car worth? Great fun

I despise Fast N Loud...what bunch of hacks with shite beards

6. h0und10

h0und10 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wheeler dealers is okay.. I love the mechanic but hate the sales guy person who is a cheap ass and has to negotiate every little thing.
    I cant stand the UK top gear but love the American version that hopefully will come back. the 3 characters are funny and play off each other well.
    kounds customs is fun to see mostly because the characters are fun and the finished product is cool, but they dont show much actually working on the cars.
    fast and loud is pretty cool, i like how they make everything their own and just cool. They don't do any of that "all original" garbage.

Every saturday morning has a run of my favorite car shows because they are all about DIY and show you how to do cool things the shows are Detroit muscle, Engine Power, xtreme off road, truck tech, and powernation daily.

7. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Chasing classic cars and what's my car worth.

The new top gear uk will suck without the guys there, not planning on watching it.

Of course barrett jackson and mecum auctions as well.

My recent favorite is restoration garage, filmed at the guild in canada.

8. USCHawks

USCHawks High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Who needs top gear when you can watch reruns of this?

Pimp-My-Ride-MTV.jpg

In all seriousness though, it's Top Gear and Wheeler Dealers. As others have said, Edd is easily the best part of Wheeler Dealers. I also agree with cousineddie, I love me some Barrett Jackson.

9. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A couple weeks ago a friend of mine arranged arranged a bit of a mini-VIP tour of Count's Kustom's for me. I had a blast! The place is a zoo when they're not filming, similar to how the Pawn Stars shop is. I got to meet Danny, Horney Mike and Ryen. Danny's collection is quite nice. They even gave me one of the shirts like they wear on the show! Very nice group of fellas and a VERY busy shop! They were impressed when I pointed out the SuperFly Cadillac. As a product of the 70's... I know me some Curtis Mayfield when I sees it!

10. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On TV:
    TopGear (BBC or USA)
    Chasing Classic Cars (just because it's so funny, to me)
    Obviously Barret-Jackson or Mecum Auctions

On YT, I really like RoadKill (MotorTrend makes it)

11. USCHawks

USCHawks High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I didn't even think about online but I also enjoy Chris Harris' videos on youtube.

12. The Stig

The Stig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have only heard of Barrett Jackson through watching Fast n Loud, but I would love to go to one of their auctions

13. shokhead

shokhead No big spender unless eating drinking having fun!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Chasing Classic Cars
    Car matchmaker is fun
    Barrett Jackson which I will go to again next year in Vegas.
    Motorweek but it's more of a review show.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.