1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Time vs Reward

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by swilliamson5, Jul 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swilliamson5

swilliamson5 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been playing My Vegas for 2 years. I have never redeemed an award. We leave Sunday for Vegas and I was shopping my awards. I have about 270,000 points to use. I was going to use them for free play at the Mirage. I can get $100 in free play. I figured that I have put around 700 hours of time playing My Vegas over the past two years. This means that I made 35 cents an hour playing this game. I can't wait for my trip for all the fun that we will have but also so I can say goodbye to this silly game.

2. B S

B S MIA

Let us know how it goes with the free play. Might turn out to be time well spent.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

3. HuskerBB

HuskerBB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't think anyone would consider it realistic to look at playing an internet game as a way to earn an "hourly wage". You play the game if you enjoy it - and getting some free rewards is then just an added bonus.

I am not sure how you can get $100 of free play. Pretty sure you can only buy one of the $50 freeplay rewards. You could use all 3 of your MGM rewards to get the $50, $25 and $10 freeplays - so that would be $85. I think someone said you need to have a four night stay at Mirage to use all 3 of them together but I am not sure about that part.

Also not sure how you could have spent 700 hours playing and only have 270,000 points. I have played it for two years and have collected over 2 million LP's in total (used about half of them in 3 different trips) and I have not spent 700 hours playing the game. Lots of wasted time no doubt - but not 700 hours - that would be a solid hour a day every day for two years.

4. neminem

neminem Low-Roller

Yeah... I've played this game for about a year, I think. Definitely nowhere remotely near 700 hours, fairly casually most of the time, just with occasional spurts where I play a little less casually for a little while. I currently have ~880k, after having redeemed lp for a Thursday/Friday/Saturday stay at Mandalay Bay (admittedly, Bonus dates, the one weekend the whole year we could get all three in a row all as bonus dates, before they made it so you couldn't do that anymore). I definitely have far less interest in the game now that they've made it difficult/annoying to stay more than one night at a hotel for free, which is mostly what I was playing for, and was a far better value than anything else (if you weren't already being comped, anyway). But I am also confused how you could have that few points after that much playing.

5. rhinoman7

rhinoman7 A Diamond in the Ruff

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Must have been playing blackjack all of that time.

6. seviay

seviay High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Many/most of the games can be set to autospin, so if you really spent that much time, I hope you had nothing better to do with it :thumbsup:
    Good luck using your free play. May the (my)Vegas gods be with you!

7. swilliamson5

swilliamson5 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe it wasn't that many hours. It was Blackjack for 90% I couldnt get any going on the slots. I have enough for (2) $25 free play and one $50 free play. Can you buy two of the same thing? I will meet the stay requirements for purchasing multiple free plays. Thank you all.

8. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not unless they're from different batches. You'll most likely have to settle for a $10, $25, and a $50 reward.

9. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In 2.5 years we have been playing, we have redeemed over $2K in rewards (we hit Vegas 2-4 times/yr).
    I never JUST play--I have the game running on an open tab while I do other computer work at home.
    On my phone I play while I have down time (waiting, etc) DH is playing right now while he watched golf.
    Pretty good return...
    But I am not sure if we will use rewards after this trip. We are fully comped at CET resorts, have seen most of the comped shows & frankly there are few rewards left worth buying. DH has over $400K gold coins & I have almost $200K right now--this AFTER we bought all our rewards for next weeks trip. Sigh...

10. wellmel

wellmel Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Like KKB I am never JUST playing MyVegas. I'm at work. I often am checking the window and clicking the bonus rounds and auto spins randomly but it is always in the background of everything I'm doing. It is worth it to me because it feels like it is not taking up barely any of my time at all. I'm still super productive at work. I usually play New York New York slots because it doesn't have that extra window that pops up every time you play a bonus round asking if you want to share your win with your friends. Even less clicks.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.