1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Anyone going to the NBA summer league?

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by marcianofan, Jun 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marcianofan

marcianofan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm going to see the Trailblazers likely the 11th and 12th of July and possibly the 15th if they advance. Day passes general admission is only $25. My daughter goes to unlv and we've seen a cpl of their games each of the last 3 years so seeing the summer league should be fun, I've always heard the games are very competitive (guys trying to make the league or just busting butt to stay in the league) but they are casual for the fans.

2. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have gone twice in years past. Its fun if you're a basketball junkie. Otherwise, its not worth it

I Need Spa
  3. azbob

azbob MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We went last year and will return this year. Typically there are ticket sellers out front on the day of game trying to unload tickets as there are quite a few corporate give-aways.

The games are very, very competitive as every player on the court is looking for a job. You will recognize lots of names if you follow college basketball with plenty of D-Leaguers and foreign players too. The other fun part is looking at the crowd for either a) NBA coaches and executives who you will recognize and b) the many, many NBA would-be babydolls looking for a meal ticket.

All in all, an enjoyable experience...have a good time.

4. Jer

Jer “The Walrus has spoken”

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep, the sellers out front make it cheaper. If they don't budge on the price at $25, it's still cheaper than the box office because of the surcharge. Last year my son got a ton of autographs and pictures with the players. The games are shorter and they go by quickly. It's nice to be able to change venues if the game you are watching isn't to your liking. We will be out there again this year, EVO will be going around that time so I'll have to figure out how to be in two places at once!

5. JR Swift

JR Swift VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Will be in town from the 12th until the 18th and staying at the Hard Rock. Was hoping to check it out at least one day. Doesn't sound like there is any problem just walking up and getting tickets pretty much anytime? Big basketball fan (college and pro) so I think I would really enjoy it. Beyond ticket availability, how easy would it be to walk over from the Hard Rock and how likely is it that I could stumble on a a few (at least) mid-level players just checking it out for autographs?

6. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That walk is not bad (at least to me; I walk from the HR to the Strip). I never tried to get an autograph in the past, but I saw the players signing some for kids. There aren't really any mid-level players there. Summer league is filled with draftees, some players going into their second year, and fringe guys trying to make a team (which includes names you may know from college). The big name draftees are always the biggest draw.

I Need Spa
  7. kittyglitter_mm

kittyglitter_mm Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Might be going. I received a two night comp from Cosmo that's only good until Aug 31. I've been wanting to staying there for so long. I'm going to call them and see if they will extend the offer to November when I am coming for our anniversary trip. If not, then I might just go during Summer League. It's hard to pass up another opportunity to see my past Cats!

8. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I expect Randle, WCS, and a Harrison to play there. May be worth the visit for you

I Need Spa
  9. srudude87

srudude87 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Most of the summer league rosters will be announced by tomorrow. I just saw the Hornets roster with Ewing coaching and Kaminsky playing. I'm waiting on the Spurs to announce their staff. I'm going that Tuesday and Wednesday. Was hoping Becky Hammon would be there. If you get a bite to eat, people say that In n Out burger nearby is good for NBA sightings.

10. marcianofan

marcianofan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hmmm, didn't know Ewing was going to coach. I saw a partial list of players going but it didn't show who was going to coach.

11. pphold

pphold pp Park Place Degenerate

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll be there this year and plan on attending this year.

12. srudude87

srudude87 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Both Ewing (Hornets) and Hammon (Spurs) now confirmed head coaches. Also a little interesting development on NBA TV announcer. Greg Anthony is back announcing. He got fired from CBS this year for a solicitation arrest. I'm not sure Vegas is a good place for him to go to.

13. marcianofan

marcianofan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    He went to UNLV lol....

14. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not only went to UNLV, but born and raised in Las Vegas (Rancho High)...

15. srudude87

srudude87 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I forgot about him being from there. Met him once in Pittsburgh, nice guy. Hope he doesn't get added to the "hooker stories" section.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.