1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Care to rank spa facilities?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by MisplacedTexan, May 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SterlingGuy

SterlingGuy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Or walk across the street

The listings are pretty accurate, IMHO.
    For me, Qua is in the top five, but Caesars the hotel isn't- I've stayed in the Augusta Tower and found the room expensive ($140) and disappointing. Mold, broken furniture, cheap Chinese toiletries, etc.

On the other hand, Flamingo offers me a comped Go room with strip view. And you can easily walk over the bridge to Caesars and enjoy Qua Spa. The best is when Qua offers its $99 massage specials. Even in the summer, when it's 110 degrees, you won't break a sweat in the brief time you're outside walking over LV Blvd.

I would avoid MGM, Mirage, Flamingo, LV Hilton (I know it's sadly no longer a Hilton, but the facility hasn't changed). But NYNY wasn't bad.

The top facilities are Wynncore, Caesars, and Mandalay Bay.

2. CtheWorld

CtheWorld Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I really like Qua, and it to has a TV you can watch from th hot tub.

3. bu$hman

bu$hman Guppie trying to become a whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What, if anything, can be said about the Golden Nugget Spa? I will be staying at the GN in August. I have not been to their spa for a number of years. Last time, the quality of service seemed to have slipped. Any recent visits by anyone? I do know that I am looking forward to the eucalyptus steam bath. Really does a great job of opening up my broken nose's deviated septum.

4. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good to know about the improvements to the Bellagio spa. Thanks.

5. azlefty

azlefty VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

I thought the facility was nice but a massage I received there was underwhelming.

6. amk121

amk121 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So I have never gone into any of the spas, but would like to check out Aria's- from the sound of what you guys are saying, you can just go and pay for the fee and hang out there- and not have to sign up for anything?

7. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Correct, just ask for a day pass. If you're staying at Aria or VDara it's $30, otherwise it will be $40.

8. Peachiekeehn

Peachiekeehn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are you sure you were in the Augustus tower? Sounds more like the Roman tower to me. The Augustus and Octavius towers use Gilchrist & Soames toiletries and I've never had a room in the Augustus tower like the one you described.

9. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not much of a spa guy but have been having some back issues of late and figure a massage would do me some good after a cross country flight.

I doubt I'll use the facilities all that much - maybe a few minutes in the sauna. Really, the massage is about all I'm interested in. Is there any real difference between the treatment I'll get at Wynn vs. Encore? Or are the facilities the only thing that separate the two? (I'm staying at Wynn but can easily switch to Encore if the difference is significant.)

10. LetsDoThis

LetsDoThis Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think the service menu is the same, and wouldn't be surprised if the staff work at both facilities. BUT the facilities at the Encore are much better, IMO. I haven't seen the men's side, but the women's side is faaar better on the Encore side - larger area with more to do if you are are going to spend time enjoying the facility amenities.

11. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Many thanks, LDT. :beer:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.