1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

September/October pools?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by scribe95, Jun 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scribe95

scribe95 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We want to go for our 10th anniversary next year but that would be October.

And the most important thing to me is pooltime. So given that should I just go a few months before?

I have only been in June and July.

2. newmans

newmans VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    October is a great time of year. The summer is tooooooo hot. Even September is hot. The pools generaly are open through out October.

3. aeb

aeb Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If pool time is important, go in September. We have gone in October, and although the pools are open, the hours are reduced at many hotels and all of the amenities may not be available. For instance, both times we stayed at Bellagio in October, the poolside cafe was closed for the season. Check with whatever hotel you plan to book, but this has been our experience.

4. 2tweetz

2tweetz Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    October has GREAT weather.. should be in the low 80's. it turns in early November and pools close around this time. I was there over Thanksgiving once and it was still upper 60's... Pools in Vegas are generally open until 6 and some are open til 7 but you won't notice much of a difference in October.. they should be open until 5 or 6 pm.

If you want to be safe go mid September until mid October, you should be absolutely fine, but yes, check with the hotel you book with to be sure.

5. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have been in September & October with great pool weather both trips. Late October could be very cool at the pool....but you never know.

6. DJ Ran

DJ Ran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We go out the 2nd week of October every year to celebrate our wedding anniversary as well. It's a great time of year to go. Crowds are down and the weather is still perfect. Yes it is still pool weather.

7. Rodent Pack

Rodent Pack S.S. Minnow

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I prefer October based on terrific weather and slightly lighter crowds which make the pools easier to to access. I don't think going earlier and messing with your actual anniversary date is worth the September trip.

8. Crazycrue

Crazycrue Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I go in October each year and find it isn't till around 11am or noon that the pool is warm enough to go in. I find the mornings too cool to hit the pool first thing which is what I normally would do. But afternoons are perfect.

9. EastCoastVegasFan!

EastCoastVegasFan! VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went last October 3rd through 7th, it was PERFECT. I am going back this year, October 1st through 5th. The pools stay open until mid November, but October is great.

July 19th - July 24th
  10. sura83

sura83 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We go the second/third week in September every year for our anniversary and always enjoy a good bit of pool time. It is usually in the 90 - 100 degree range which is exactly to my liking. I enjoy getting in to get wet, then laying in the hot sun to dry off. Lather, rinse, repeat. 100 degrees may sound hot, but we all know its a dry heat. :wink If it was only 80 it wouldn't be warm enough for me, but YMMV.

11. etm117

etm117 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I go the weekend of Halloween for the past two years (and probably this year). It works nicely as the temps are great so you can walk up and down the strip without totally dehydrating yourself. I always stay at the Wynn and the pool is open but there are days if it is windy that it is too cold to sit out. But most days it is just right as you can sit in the sun for hours without being too hot.

12. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.