1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Finally, rental car $$ goes down!

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Michelle, Apr 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michelle

Michelle Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You guys were right! Don't panic and check daily! I was in search of a convertible for five days. At first the rates were in the $300s, then at some point the skyrocketed to $750! I waited and checked daily, Costco, Hotwire, Priceline, Dollar....nothing, until Wednesday and score! $325 Costco through Alamo, second driver included. Let the games begin! :thumbsup:

2. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice. Mine hasn't gone down since I made the reservation a few weeks ago (Enterprise via Costco). I just checked and it's about $75 more. But I'll keep checking :)

3. KazooTom

KazooTom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Keep checking until you leave. I checked mine with Alamo this morning and found the rates for the same times and discount codes went up, way up. The same reservation today would be $130 higher. I still expect to find further discounts from what I have, just have to be patient and keep checking.

4. Michelle

Michelle Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's a fricken commitment! And I almost caved with some $375 ish rental from EZ or Payless on Priceline, with crazy restrictions like you cannot drive the car to the west rim of the Grand Canyon and you must bring along your own insurance and there's a 200 mile a day limit (like how would they know?). Glad I waited! Hang in there people!

5. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I almost got caught on something like that, I don't remember which company, it may have been one of those you mention, but you couldn't drive it out of state. We're going to Death Valley so I couldn't rent with those companies.

6. DavidR82

DavidR82 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Always keep checking to see if the prices have gone down. Alamo was originally gonna be 245.00 for Friday thru Tues for me. The discount ones like EZ PAYLESS Fox were all quoting around 120-130. I booked with one of them as well just in case... Well double checked on prices the other night and ALAMO was down to 135 out the door. I've used alamo many times mainly because can save so much time with the kiosk, I was pretty happy with the price decrease.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.