1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Anybody know when mayweather tickets go on sale?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by user3657, Mar 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They just completely made that up.

2. pphold

pphold pp Park Place Degenerate

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm just trying to see if I want to fly into Vegas that weekend. I have an invite to a concert and a CC event in Shreveport for the fight so if I'm only getting a to go to CC party I might as well just watch it here than fly in.

I was going to just see if I can buy a ticket but looks like a snowballs chance in hell of getting one ticket.

Shifter your host confirm your ticket or still making you wait till Saturday to get your ticket? I would love to hit the Baccarat tables with you so I might fly in just to do that. Too bad I missed it when you and Sailboat pounded the tables.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2015
  3. shifter

Trips to Las Vegas:
    maybe Friday afternoon.

4. given2gamble

given2gamble Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A report has said "tickets going on sale this week" every week for the last 4 weeks.

5. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Which part is made up? I read/heard the same from multiple sources?

I Need Spa
  6. azlefty

azlefty VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There must be some kind of internal squabbling or someone playing chicken about allocations that will end up with the promoters and possibly MGMG leaving money on the table. If the promoters wanted to maximize profit, they should have simply released the tickets a few weeks ago on Ticketmaster, when people had time to plan their visits and the hype was already at fever pitch. Then the promoters themselves could have charged the true market value for each ticket, whatever that is - i.e. set face value between $2000 and $100,000 or whatever prices that scalpers would otherwise mark tickets up to. This would squeeze out the scalpers since there is no difference between face value and market value. If only people with "connections" get tickets, they can pocket the difference between what it costs them and what they can resell it for on stub hub or to some other middleman. While the people with connections may in fact be close to the promoters, I don't see why a promoter would want to give so many thousands of people tickets below market value intentionally. Maybe a few dozen friends and business partners that they owe favors to, but more than that and they are giving away the store.

7. shifter

Trips to Las Vegas:
    they've already made face value 8x higher than any other fight in history.

the lowest ticket price is the same as the highest ticket price has ever been.

how much more you want them to mark them up?

8. UCLAGirl

UCLAGirl High-Roller

What happened to waiting two months?

9. PayTriple

PayTriple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOL, you don't know PPHold very well, do you?

10. Kickin

Kickin Flea

I think you have this a bit backwards. In the normal process with tickets going on sale early and scalpers selling them for multiples they end up leaving money on the table. Right now they see can where demand is and price it up there. As long as this doesn't blow up in their face with a deal not being struck (highly highly unlikely) they'll have squeezed out most of that excess demand for themselves. I think the article only mentioned bickering about the allocations between Mayweather, MGM, et al but I bet they are also bickering over whatever prices they originally agreed to.

11. given2gamble

given2gamble Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The fight will happen and delaying the CEREMONIAL onsale is completely irrelevant. Shit, they will probably sell 100 tickets at face to the public. It's actually marketing genius. Most of the tickets will be sold via the black market so all this is doing is creating more buzz for that black market.

And if you think you are one of the lucky ones to pay $1500 face for last row seat at the Garden for this I have a hedge fund I'd like to sell you...

12. pebbles

pebbles Micro Roller.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I posted this on another thread.

"I heard that no one will see a ticket until the actual day of the match. It's due to worries about counterfeit tickets.

If no one sees what they actually look like, they can't be copied."

I think this might be what will happen for the actual fight tickets. The high enough mega rollers will already know they have a seat at the fight. They won't be speculating here.

13. user3657

user3657 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is it me or the longer they are waiting the less interest I have in trying to attain tickets? I might of gone for 300/350 but all the articles are saying min 1k, fuckkkk that.

14. Hobofrank

Hobofrank Prime Minister of Idiocracy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    you guys know that the fight contract isn't even signed yet right?

15. shifter

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The lowest demon ticket is 1500.

On the aftermarket this will be 2-3x that.

300 will barely get you into a CC event.

16. dannyocean

dannyocean High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  17. user3657

user3657 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought they signed the contract to fight, they just havent agreed on who gets what % of tickets? Mayweather wants 40% of tickets i thought.

18. dannyocean

dannyocean High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, sounds like it's the contract with MGM to host the fight, so that would delay the ticket sales.

19. Kickin

Kickin Flea

The article isn't clear but I think it is both.

The way I read it is Top Rank won't sign off on the draft agreement (contract) for the fight because it excludes them as signatories on a separate contract with MGM that deals with operations during the event.

Apparently the term sheet they already signed called for the same thing. But I know in my business if I had a nickel for every signed term sheet we've had that never materialized into an actual agreement I would have quite a few nickels.

20. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    lol, me too

I Need Spa
Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.