1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Cleo at SLS anybody?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by MisplacedTexan, Apr 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MisplacedTexan

MisplacedTexan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has anybody tried it? We need an affordable place to get our tapas fix while we're in town and this looks like it might fit the bill. Used to love Firefly, especially the downtown location when it was open, but now it seems like you're taking your life in your own hands when you eat there. It's getting some pretty good reviews on Yelp, but I trust the folks around here even more than yelpers!

2. westie

westie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cleo is Mediterranean small plates rather Spanish tapas, but who cares? I have it on my short list for our next trip based several reviews including the following:

http://endoedibles.com/?p=22931

Another option is Julian Serrano during happy hour. I have a few other restaurants on my To Do list that do small plates, but you will need a car for those.

3. MisplacedTexan

MisplacedTexan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey thanks, westie! You're exactly right – we're all about the small plates and the type of cuisine matters very little to us! I'm looking through your mouthwatering pix from Tapas by Alex Stratta, too. The bride wants to visit Tivoli Village while we're there so that might be a good option, too.

On a related note, have you tried Brunch at Border Grill? They do unlimited small plates for $35 on Saturday and Sunday. So, stinkin' good!

4. westie

westie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have I been to the brunch at Border Grill? Yes, a few times, I was going to recommend it to you. I agree it is excellent. The one in the Forum Shop has a happy hour if you cannot
    make it for brunch. Join the VIP club and get 15% off.

I am also into small (shared) plates - here are 2 more that we will be trying for the first time on our next trip

Anise Tapas & Grille, 3100 S. Durango, participates in Restaurant.com
    http://anisetapas.com/

David Clawson Restaurant
    http://www.david-clawson.com/

5. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cleo at SLS, like other SLS restaurants, is outstanding. The service and quality of food are top notch.

A factoid: The pic of "Cleo" outside the restaurant is of Emina Cunmulaj, Nazarian's girlfriend.

[​IMG]

Bill

6. pleepleus

pleepleus 2016 - The monkey is back

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm a fan of Cleo. I would eat a lot at the Hollywood location in LA. I recommend getting some of the dips, grilled octopus, and some grilled skewers of meat.

7. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

Are you sure you don't like it just for the name? Lol

8. pleepleus

pleepleus 2016 - The monkey is back

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At first glance of this post, I was wondering why someone would ask about the machine specifically at SLS. haha

I do like some of the SLS food offerings which include Cleo, Bazaar Meats, and whatever the name of the breakfast place now (Formerly Griddle Cafe). The licensed for SBE Katsuya locations are not great compared to the actual locations (Studio City and Encino) still owned/managed by Katsu himself.

9. westie

westie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Another option for Spanish tapas if you have wheels is Tapas by Alex Stratta which recently opened in Tivoli Village. There is a review included
    in my compilation or restaurant review dated 4/17.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.