1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Best Non-Clubs for May 2nd Fight Weekend

Discussion in 'Vegas Nightlife' started by brew99, Apr 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brew99

brew99 Newbie

Hi! We are headed into town from May 1-4 and very excited that the trip co-incides with the Mayweather/Pacquiao extravaganza.

We are a group of 8 guys who are 40+ and are looking for non-night club options for Fri, Sat and Sunday nights. What are the best bars/non-club options on the strip where we might find a good 30+ crowd? We are staying at the Signature at MGM.

I assume Sat night will be busy everywhere but any good reco's on where to go post-fight? How about Friday evening?

Thanks for any thoughts/opinions!!!!

2. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am in the same boat as you (group of 30+ guys there for the fight). I have Mix, Chandelier, Rhumbar and Book and Stage on my list.

Post fight is going to be crazy especially south of Bellagio (since all the closed circuit viewing is at MGM properties). Plan to go to a place close to wherever you watch the fight because the cab lines after the fight will be out of control and black car rates will be ridiculous. My tentative plan is to try to get into the closed circuit viewing at Bellagio then hit Cosmo or PH bars after the fight.

3. TheCooler

TheCooler Professional Gambler and the Best Football Handica

You might check out the Foundation Room at Mandalay Bay. It's a nice scene and typically attracts a more mature crowd.

4. brew99

brew99 Newbie

Foundation Room was on my list and we booked a table for Friday night ($900 two bottle minimum). Hoping that we can watch the fight via PPV in our hotel room on Sat night. We are at the Signature at MGM and I have heard inconsistent things about whether guests in MGM properties can order PPV or must attend a CC event for the reported $150 pp. Agree on your comments/reco's Art as Sat night will be crazy so we are planning to hit the lounges at Cosmo and Aria. I'll need to look into a couple of the others you mentioned as well. Have a great weekend!!

5. Champster1

Champster1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    +1!!!!

6. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No.

I could go into a lot more details about why but don't have time.

Make other plans or you'll be sorely disappointed.

7. shifter

Trips to Las Vegas:
    PPV is never available in hotels.

The reason is the cable company makes them buy the event for every TV in their establishment, which is thousands of rooms and hundreds of thousands of dollars.

I know this because whenever I'm in town and there's a UFC event that weekend (not in town) I ask them to show it for me in the Mansion private movie theater.

In order for them to be able to do that they have to call the promoter directly and get them to give the cable company a fixed price to show it on that system.

It's the same process every time.

8. Champster1

Champster1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So Shifter. What are you gonna charge for us to come to the Mansion to watch the fight with you???

9. Alba

Alba Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Aye, how many does the Mansion private theatre hold?

10. shifter

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They're not showing the CC in the Mansion that I know of.

Everyone staying there will be at the actual fight - like me.

11. shifter

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They just got these new loungers, like 14 of them and a sofa.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.