1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Aria's buffet

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by chuckM, Mar 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chuckM

chuckM Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Absolutely the worst I've had yet in my dozens of trips. How do you burn a waffle? Well, I actually know how because I've done it. But I'm not a professional waffle-maker. Damn that was a nasty breakfast.

2. Lost_Castaway

Lost_Castaway Tourist

Lunch isn't any better. They move the food around to make you think they are putting fresh food out.

3. rosec73

rosec73 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good to know I am not the only one who felt the same. But free is free. IMO!!!

4. sigsev

sigsev Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've eaten there once, that was enough. Although Aria is my usual home base the food options there could be better. Only standout is BarMasa, everything else is ok or worse.

5. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agree that the buffet is pretty mediocre but the regular restaurant lineup is about as strong as it can be. Bardot, Javiers, Jullian Serrano, Sage, Bar Masa, Five50, Jean Philippe, and Lemongrass are all at the top of its respective cuisine in all of Vegas. Then you can add Tetsu, Jean Georges, and Blossom that all get pretty good reviews even though i can't vouch for them myself.

6. chuckM

chuckM Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll bet the pizzas and tacos and salads were good. I guess I have a different idea about breakfast...like more than 4 breakfast items.

7. sigsev

sigsev Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bar Masa/Tetsu is consistently exceptional.

My first experience at Bardot was fine, but nothing amazing. The cocktails were great and the bar is beautiful so there's that. They might be trying to out-Bouchon Bouchon but they fall well short IMO.

Javier's I like to pop in for a quick bite especially later at night when I'm playing craps and I suddenly get hungry, lol. Again food is fine, especially the free chips and salsa, yum. But nothing that makes me stand up and go wow. Their margaritas though are outstanding.

Serrano did not impress me at all. The signature paella wasn't crispy on the bottom and was pretty flat flavour-wise. Had a couple other things there that were just OK.

Sage was fantastic the first time but I've been back twice more and each subsequent time it was worse. I felt like they did classic dishes executed perfectly the first time and was looking forward to dining there again, but their quality has dipped a little each trip.

Five50 is average for pizza. I mean it's really good at 2am, but I can think of many better pizza joints. I'd rather walk to 800 degrees in Monte Carlo if I'm at Aria. Pizza Rock downtown also kicks its ass.

Jean Philippe is solid quick food.

Lemongrass I outright hated the first time I ate there. I thought everything was awful. Haven't been back since.

Blossom was very good, I ate there for the first time last trip. I'd go back when I'm in the mood for some nice Chinese food.

Jean Georges is the only place I haven't eaten at. I'm not a big fan of steakhouses when I'm in Vegas. I tend to avoid them.

Guess that's my Aria rundown. There's so many dining options in Vegas that I don't like wasting my time on places that are average IMO. I'm not going to knock any else's tastes though. To each their own.

Edit: I forgot about the Aria Cafe, which I have been to twice and both times I had awful service and awful cold food. Avoid at all costs!

8. pleepleus

pleepleus 2016 - The monkey is back

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Aria buffet is definitely one of the worst.

9. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah i certainly agree with that statement. Nice to hear that you enjoyed Blossom but now I'm scared to try it since we have such a difference taste in Pizza and Tapas.

10. sigsev

sigsev Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Haha! I hope I didn't scare you off. We can't disagree on all food :thumbsup:

11. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, Serrano is one of my favorite places to eat in the afternoon, and their staff are phenomenal (a couple of the bartenders, in particular, remember me every time I'm there). I admittedly haven't had the paella, but the tuna cones and the huevos estrellados are must-eats for me. Same for Lemongrass, their appetizers and pad thai are great, and I really appreciate the fact that they're one of the few Thai places, in Vegas or otherwise, that defaults to fork-and-spoon rather than chopsticks.

The concession I'll make on Five50 is that I think their counter slices are only okay, especially the ones they're serving at 2am. The dough is a bit too thick and the cheese is a bit too heavy. The pizza they serve in the restaurant proper, however, is fantastic.

12. markr520

markr520 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Really surprised to hear all of this negativity about the buffet. Until now, I've heard nothing but sterling reviews of it for its quality, freshness, and attention to detail. Luckily, my wife and I are pretty plain folks!

13. karens625

karens625 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We ate at the lunch buffet last October. We must have had a good day. It wasn't caesars, but it was good. This trip we tried Bellagio buffet for lunch. Only one thing was good. Did not care for it and will not go back. But I will go back to Aria. IMO

14. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

Same here. It was a year ago, but I really enjoyed lunch at the Aria buffet.

15. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We ate at the Aria buffet for lunch yesterday. I would place it at a solid 7 for food and service. The coconut shrimp was the most memorable item. It was a little greasy, but was still yummy.

Definitely better than Bellagio, which seems to continuously slip, but not as good as Wicked Spoon at Cosmo.

16. disappearingdusk

disappearingdusk Tourist

The thing that I despise about Bellagio's buffet, other than the mediocre food, is the atmosphere. It looks like my grandmother's basement in Lincoln Park, New Jersey in 1965. It's a horribly cavernous space with even worse decor. But I fully admit that I am not a fan of Bellagio's public spaces in general. I think they are very dated.

17. farkingidiot

farkingidiot High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love Aria's buffet. Stayed there at Aria twice in the past two years and ate at the buffet almost everyday. By way of comparision, my fav buffet is Wicked Spoon, followed by Wynn. I put Aria 3rd, for me. Eatiung there on a near daiuly basis for a a year when I was there, I actually was prewtty impressed by how fresh they kept stuff and they had some ethnic foods other buffets didn't. Staff has always been pretty friendly and good on bringing drinks. I'm a big fan of their buffet.

And yes, Bellagio has been coasting on their reputation for a loOong time now. I quit on them about five years ago.

Back to Vegas after five years!
    Back to Vegas after five years!
  18. travel

travel Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We loved the Aria buffet. Lots of crab legs and desserts were fabulous. It's the Wicked Spoon that we didn't like. Only warm food and dried out.

19. Simpatt

Simpatt Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Second that! Never had a bad experience there.

20. SellWell

SellWell Tourist

I have only been once to the Aria buffet , but we really liked it and will defiantly be going back on our next visit.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.