1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Vegas Hotel Prices inflated like crazy during Mayweather/Pac Fight weekend

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by scc31, Feb 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scc31

scc31 Low-Roller

Has anyone looked at the prices for standard hotels? It's off the charts! Maybe I should have booked it shortly before the announcement... in hindsight. But there goes my plans of going to the books to watch the fight! :p

2. DReynolds86

DReynolds86 Let's Go Pens!

Trips to Las Vegas:
  3. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The fight is closed circuit/PPV won't be on at the books for public viewing.

4. dhlamar

dhlamar Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was probably talking about reading the ticker on the bottom of ESPN's channel for updates after each round!

5. Tammy58

Tammy58 Frugal Slot Jockey

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry...that weekend is crazy every year. We use to go during that time but not anymore. Kentucky Derby, Cinqo de Mayo weekend plus there is a fight every year at the MGM that saturday night. Historically a very expensive weekend even before they announced the fight. 1st Sat in May always = expensive.

6. jumpoff

jumpoff Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've found May to be expensive in general. I too was looking at just traveling to Vegas around that time just to sort of be in the MIX. But the prices for that fight weekend are dumb crazy. I booked the Palazzo but i'm somewhat hesitant and I never stayed their.

Anyways, just my 2cents.

7. Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas Elvis has left the building

Trips to Las Vegas:
    People are surprised when I mention Vegas has more visitors during the hotter 90-110 degree months, then when it is cooler. May is a very popular month, except for Mother's Day weekend.

Strip & Downtown 2014 Occupancy Rates by Month:
    January 85.9% & 73.4%
    February 87.2% & 75.4%
    March 93.2% & 86.9%
    April 91.8% & 82.8%
    May 90.9% & 81.0%
    June 92.3% & 83.8%
    July 90.9% & 82.9%
    August 90.7% & 75.7%
    September 88.0% & 77.9%
    October 90.7% & 80.7%
    November 85.3% & 75.9%
    December 78.4% & 68.6%
    Monthly Average 88.8% & 78.8%

8. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like those figures you put up! Very interesting. I am one of the weirdos that is just fine to come when the temps are 100-plus. In fact we decided last month after going the last two years in the winter months (Jan/Mar) that we are going back to our summer trips. The weather in LV is very fickle during the winter, you don't know what you may get. We have been lucky the last two years, the two years before that not so much. I figured I am dead even on Winter trips as far as good weather so I am not pushing it. People complain about the heat, but at least you know what you are getting!

9. phade

phade Keeping tabs on LV while not there...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My dog disappears in the snow banks outside my house right now. I also haven't seen the color green in a couple months, minus the background of this forum. I have zero problems with 100+ temp days in Las Vegas in July or August. Might have something to do with it....

That first weekend in May is always pricey as noted. We always want to go during that time, but the cost just doesn't make sense. We're summer visitors for the most part.

10. scc31

scc31 Low-Roller

Hiliarious! I hope your dog is not really lost though. lol I too prefer the hotness in Vegas. Coming from a foggy city of SF I enjoy the warmth and getting a tan.

11. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So strange that it's a hot ticket.. if you can't actually go to the fight! haha.

12. cphllps

cphllps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Our favorite times to go to Vegas are May and October. In May the weather is just starting to get warm back home and October it is starting to cool down. I have done Florida in July & August, why not Vegas. It did boggle my mind the first time we were told that the busiest months are July & August years back.

13. REELmoneySlotFan

REELmoneySlotFan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Our favourite time of year to go to Vegas is April/May and September. We wouldn't mind going in July or August (we can handle the heat) but air fare is double for those months. I wouldn't be willing to pay those prices for a hotel room to be in Vegas during a fight weekend. Way too crowded and we're not going to see the fight anyway.

14. S'AllGoodMan

S'AllGoodMan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We always go out for the first Saturday of May. Our flights been booked since dec but we were waiting for our may offers to come out. In the past we've received $300 in free play from CET. This year its $60 and who knows if we'll even get the room comped. The prices are crazy high.

Hunter came through big and got us in Caesars!

Last edited: Feb 28, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.