1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Price ? Flying to Vegas for memorial day weekend, first gamble of the trip

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by AceRothstein80, Feb 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AceRothstein80

AceRothstein80 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So, I want to book a trip for memorial day weekend.

I always Fly Southwest, right now depending if I go Wed-Sun or Thur-Mon It will cost me anywhere between $400-$500. I know if the price drops, I can rebook and get a refund through Southwest. But I am thinking that the prices won't rise that much between now and then.

Since it is 3 months out, should I gamble that they may drop a lil, and just keep checking....or book now and get a refund if they drop?

What do you think prices will do?

2. dvandentop

dvandentop VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My experience is gets higher as it gets closer. Atleast you have the luxury of southwest price drop match.

3. lotso-bear

lotso-bear VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No one knows what will happen with the price of airfare. It's best to book now and then rebook if prices were to drop, this way you get the "best price" that was available to you between now and your travel dates.

4. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you're fairly sure you'll end up being able to use any banked travel funds before they expire, I'd go ahead and book now.

5. gpenguins67

gpenguins67 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree. That is the one thing I like about southwest. There is no penalty if you change your flight (or rebook for a better price), just make sure you can use the credit in under a year.
    I've been monitoring prices for my trip later this year and I've noticed the prices have been on the higher side lately as well, even with their so called "deals" they have been promoting

6. Kobra2848

Kobra2848 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are flying out that same week and prices have been between $182 and $197 each way. Saturday night I checked and both flights I wanted were $160 each way. Booked but still hoping they drop some more when it hits that sweet spot of 2 months out.

Mark

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.