1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

PACKER'S (hopefully as always) LIVE TR JAN 10-12

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Packer, Jan 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Packer

Packer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Little story of how I won on that last session before I left... Flight was at 1230. Woke up packed and put my stuff in storage. Went and had a nice breakfast with my cousins at the café at wynn. It is always really really good. we ordered Ham and Cheddar Cheese Omelette Black with Forest ham, sharp cheddar cheese,skillet potatoes, Corned Beef Hash Skillet, 2 eggs your way, peppers, onions, scallions and country potatoes. Brioche French Toast coated with Frosted Flakes, salted buttered pecans, caramelized banana, toffee, maple syrup. Garden Vegetable Frittata egg whites, spinach, mushrooms, onions, bell peppers, broccoli, asparagus, Swiss cheese, skillet potatoes. We had 3 sides of bacon some sausage and lots of hot sauce. Of course Lox bagel and cream cheese with lots of capers too. We shared Red Velvet Pancakes with white chocolate shavings,chocolate chips, vanilla cream glaze for dessert. Total bill was 120.00. I want to say, the food was awesome! You must try and go there at least once if possible. Lunch and dinner is awesome as well. (Steak chili is incredible)

After that I was in a food coma and really couldn't move and just wanted to go to bed again. But instead took a walk to the mall across the street to try and relieve the pain and walk it off. After finding my little boy those bath bombs and buying myself some new running shoes I went back to the Wynn to put the stuff I bought in storage. I then walked to check out the craps table for my final session. walked around to look for a table where players didn't have too many chips in front of them. Found one. watched for a few minutes and heard 7 out. I quickly said "Please give me 7k".. The table had to wait for me to get my chips and make my bets. There were probably 7 players including myself. 15 minutes later I was the only one left. I was up about 2000 at this point. Good start and contemplated leaving but noooooo I couldn't do that could I? So what I do in those situations is wait for someone anyone to come and start throwing the dice. However if im standing there by myself with a big stack of chips in front of me and not playing nobody will play at that table. So I always walk away (They always keep me on the clock) and mill around til either I see someone playing or the sup yells "PACKER come on someone is here" this time the floor sup got me. So I went back to find two 40 year old ish American Asian ladies standing there. She already had started so I watched and within 10 seconds I knew she had never played before. I mean never! So I say to myself I wasn't going to touch this one as she is a first time roller. You know what happens when first time rollers roll. But then I remembered my own adage the dice don't have eyes, nose and they cant smell! She made her first point after hitting about 3 numbers. Cautiously I made me bet. she grabbed the dice in two hands of course and was quickly reprimanded. She then put them in one hand and threw the dice into center field about 250 yards out! LOL. She then grabbed them again and threw a 9. I timidly put 150 in odds and she went on to throw 6 numbers and 7 out! Almost perfect for me. I of course didn't want to throw so she did again not knowing why. She got the dice and threw a 6. I again wasn't convinced so put another 150 out. Boom 7 out. Now knowing the table was cold before and also knowing the dice don't have eyes I was going to bump up my bets. However why would this new player keep putting her 10.00 on the pass line and keep losing? So by this time we were conversing and I was teaching her how to play as the crew wasn't helping her at all. The girl was very nice and appreciated me helping her “lose”. LOL. So now I had to explain to her I never roll and she should keep rolling and she will never lose! She makes her 10.00 bet and I tell her to roll a 2 or 3. I say no matter what she rolls she wont lose. She rolls a 3 they pick up her 10 bucks pay me my net 500 and I say you lost the 10 but won 20 from me! She says "I lost and you paid me?" I said yes and lets try it again. So she rolls again and it is an 8. I now up the odds to 600 and then she throws a 7! They take her 10 and this time I give her a green chip! We do the again and again. She now has turned a 100 buy in to 300 or so. FROM ME! Gladly. She is getting tired rolling and I told her she could stop anytime but she rolled again. Another winner. Remember only the two of us playing this whole time. 35 minutes have gone by and im now up 13k! yes up 13K! So she says one more as they did have to go and I had a flight to catch. I say cool. She takes the dice rolls a 7 and I lose 500. She takes the dice rolls and it is a 9. Cool. This being the last roll and I also have a flight to catch I put out what I always do at least 2 time a trip FULL ODDS! Well this time I didn't put out full odds but I did put out 6k. My new friend goes on to roll a 4, 5, 5, 8, 6 and now im counting my money as I know the 7 is due and the very next roll is a ...................................9 loser! She did win her 10.00 bet however. I walk up 7k, she walks away in a daze up 510 or more...She did say thank you very much and gave me a little kiss. I Tipped the crew 400. That was fun and an epic roll. Especially with a first time roller.

2. Malibugolfer

Malibugolfer High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That was a great story Packer, and a great trip.
    I can only imagine the garbled way she'll try and explain her windfall "wins" to her friends.

3. boxofbirds

boxofbirds Royally Flushed

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Haha, great story. Nice end to the trip!

Trip #39!
  4. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

Awesome story for that last session!

5. jdvegas

jdvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice win Packer! And great story on the final craps session of the trip.

6. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa Front Line Winner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great story!

Do you always play the same way or do you sometimes play passline?

7. chess

chess VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    damn thats awesome... I bet she is telling this story as well.. Well done packer well done

8. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great tr packer and nice win! Good start to the year my friend!

9. Packer

Packer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On the last minute win you know I tipped the crew 400.00.. I never tip during a session and even if I lose I will tip a tiny bit. I always tip after. What kind of tip would you have left? Remember, im at the Wynn all the time (5 to 9 times a year) as it is a home away from home. So you know, I had a few winning sessions although much smaller this last trip and tipped then as well.

10. RockyBalboa

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What would be funny is if a TR popped up and we saw "so I was at the Wynn when this guy taught me how to play craps..."

11. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like to bribe/throw out tips in the middle of a hand in black jack ($25/$50/$100) and if I win they get to keep it. I was doing the same thing if you remember while we were playing together at the Wynn. I also play for the dealers if I'm doing well as you saw. Sometimes my tips add up to be a lot but if I'm winning, it doesn't matter to me.

On our good run in bacc, i was putting $100 out for the dealer after almost every hand which meant a $200 tip if we won and he made good money during your, pleepleus's and my streak.

A $400 tip was good imho.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2015
  12. RockyBalboa

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like to put the dealers on the place bets with me....they seem to enjoy that.

13. PayTriple

PayTriple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great story, and having met you now, I can visualize exactly how you were treating everyone with respect, friendliness and a bit of fun.
    $400 tip on a $7k win is just shy of 6%, so it is fairly generous of you, which is why they take care of you at the Wynn.

14. Packer

Packer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks PT and Broncofn, I ask because I took an informal poll. Bottom line the dealers (More than 25 of them at different games) told me It's better to have a lesser but certain advantage than the possibility of a greater one that may come to nothing. They may tell you to play it but they really want the sure thing. A few told me the house wants you to play it. The house knows you will tip anyway and the house makes more that way.

15. vacationaddict

vacationaddict Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great story!

16. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It makes perfect sense as to why the house wants you to play the tip instead of having the dealers just drop it after your session since the house can win it also. It just adds a little more excitement to the game for me when the dealers are truely into it with you and cheering you on. Makes the game more enjoyable.

But i do see what you are saying.

17. Packer

Packer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bronc, Im happy when IM winning first and I know the dealers are happy when I play because they know im throwing them tips no matter what the outcome is. And, they are really happy when im winning because they know im giving them 5 to10% of my winnings. But we are anomalies, I was the only one this whole weekend who I saw tip. At least the 7 hours I played. I take that back, I did see a guy who just won maybe 400 tip 4 bucks. I know you and most of our friends on this site tip but I feel we are the minority as compared to the masses. So dealers love us and are more than happy to service and root for us.

18. wanker751

wanker751 Dutch Rudder Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is an awesome story, something she will always remember when she talks about Las Vegas.

I have always placed bet for tips as I am playing, the at the end as well, even with a loss.

I did make my dealer at UTH the other the other day over $100 betting a trips bet for her, which is way more than I would be able to tip at my level of play (that would have been 25% of my win at that table if I tipped after) So maybe at my level the bets may be better?

19. Packer

Packer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wank, I come from the services industry and know how hard service industry people work. They for the most part get paid min wage and live from tips. But IMO you are tipping too much. You too broncofn. It isn't like tipping a server at a restaurant. Dealers for the most part get paid a much higher wage, receive health insurance and other benefits that the company pays for and pool tips. Again, you both know im really generous but every 100 bet you are basically giving 25 bucks. That's just too much. Bottom line this is your hard earned money.

20. Gamesman

Gamesman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I almost always bet the hardways and will play at least $5 for the dealers. If I bet turning red or world I throw at least $5 out for the dealers too, and of course I play the fire bet for us both. I rarely bet for them or tip them at other points. They always seem happy to see me though so I assume they like my tipping style. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.