1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Speaking to a host

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Maylene, Jan 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maylene

Maylene Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went on a trip to vegas last year in October on a comped room at Paris. I had no intention of playing there but found myself doing very well and ended up playing all thee days there. On the last day after my lucky streak ended, I went to the TR booth and asked how the comp system works for "extras", they looked up my play and suggested to speak with a host. I went to the Diamond Check In, to see if I could get a host to
    comp me a nice dinner. I met a host, and after he reviewed my play he gave me the okay to charge upto $150 to my room. He said "if there's anything else you need, feel free to give me a call" and gave me his business card.

So to my question.

My birthday is 1/21 and have a room booked at Planet Hollywood on a total rewards offer for the weekend, plus $250 free play.

Would it be appropriate to call the host at Paris, informing him of my offer at planet Hollywood and asking if there's anything he can do to make my birthday weekend better? ie nice dinner, suite upgrade, more free play?

He's not my "assigned host". I don't got to vegas enough to gamble enough to get one.

When I do go, I play penny slots $2-4bets 6-8hrs a day on a three day trip. I jump to $5-10bets on nickles and quarter video slots if I'm doing well. So I have a really decent amount of coin in to spark some interest. What do you think? Was his "if you need anything, give me a call" offer just him being nice?

2. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can't hurt. Worst he can do is say no. Give him a call and find out

3. LoveDowntownVegas

LoveDowntownVegas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, I think so. I always ask my host for "stuff". He either says "no problem" or "you don't have enough play for that"

If I don't ask I wont get it, and I'm not expecting more than what they are willing to give, but the only way I know is ask.

If I do get something a little extra that I've requested (something that might be borderline) I'll get my host a bottle of wine as a thank you. under the table, of course.

4. Aaron5

Aaron5 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can call the host at Paris if or you can give Hunter an email. He is a Host that gives good info on this site and is on site at Planet Hollywood.

He can look at your last play and possibly get you into an upgraded room.

His email - [email protected]

5. undathesea

undathesea Grandissimo

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep... I would give Hunter an Email. He seems pretty open to chatting to VMB members.

6. Maylene

Maylene Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the quick replies! I'll send him a massage and see if he can do something for me. Thanks for the help!

7. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

Sounds like a "happy ending"

8. PHVHost

PHVHost High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Look forward to hearing from you!

9. Hobofrank

Hobofrank Prime Minister of Idiocracy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey can you find time to come to our mlk thing on Saturday?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.