1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Stolen car!! Please help!!

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by DeMoN2318, Nov 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeMoN2318

DeMoN2318 The DERS

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A fellow car enthusiast that is part of a car forum I am a member of had his car stolen yesterday in Vegas

I am hoping that fellow VMBer who are in Vegas these next few days can keep their eyes peeled for the car, and call Vegas PD if they see it.

It is an 89 Toyota Supra, Dark Silver, black wheels, blacked out lights, red calipers

Here is the information he posted.

IT WAS STOLEN OFF OF ATHENS AND DESERT INN ROAD, LAS VEGAS Tues November 4th 2 blocks from SEMA. BETWEEN 9:30AM-5:30PM

[​IMG]

2. ruralhipster

ruralhipster High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hope it was a joyride but I have a sneaking suspicion that car is in multiple different states already. My condolences to your friend there is no shittier feeling than the transition from "I'm a moron I can't find where I parked my car" to "F@ck some F2cker must have stole it"

3. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At a certain age you start to hope it was stolen and it's not your brain getting mushy.

I hope they find the car good as it was. That's a flashy unique car to not turn up if it's on a street in view.

4. DeMoN2318

DeMoN2318 The DERS

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One of our sponsors had their truck, trailor, and the car that was in the trailor stolen from our annual Vegas meet back in September. The car was valued at $200k. Thankfully they recovered all three assets, with only minor cosmetic damage.

I am hoping this one turns out the same way, or better...fingers crossed.

5. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    sorry dude, but that car was chopped in 30 minutes.

6. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hope he gets it back,but if pros took it it's gone. Shame it 's probably the guys pride and joy that he invested time and money into. In my day it was the GTO's that were always being boosted.
    Good luck to him.

7. undathesea

undathesea Grandissimo

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unfortunately, this is probably the truth.

As a complete car idiot and not an enthusiast at all... is there something special about the Toyota Surpa that makes it enviable to collectors and/or thieves?

I just can't see it being worth enough to risk stealing it and potentially getting caught.

8. DeMoN2318

DeMoN2318 The DERS

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Supra was Toyota's big sports car in the late 80s and throughout the 90s. This model that was stolen is the 3rd generation and are not all that collectible, but the 4th generation Supra as extremely collectible and expensive. The cars were simply years ahead of the game in the 80s and 90s.

I agree with you though, unless the thief knew that this car was heavily modified and had parts that could be parted out, it does seem odd that this car was targetted...especially considering it was SEMA week and there were tons of other, more expensive, cars around town...

9. lotso-bear

lotso-bear VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ouch! Hopefully, they find it soon. I'm assuming he has insurance on the vehicle (dumb question but surprisingly there are people who don't cover their vehicles)...

10. DeMoN2318

DeMoN2318 The DERS

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Probably regular insurance but not collector car insurance.

They will value the car at about 4k if not recovered...even though that wouldn't make a dent in the cost of replacing the car

Shifters probably right...its been almost 36 hours...and he didnt get the word out until this AM...so its probably been pieced by now

11. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As soon as I saw the picture I thought the exact same thing.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2014
  12. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bummer.

I had a second-gen RX-7 go on involuntary walkabout once. About a week later I got a call from RSD asking if I wanted to head out to Anza and retrieve a frame. lol Bastards also got my Pings. Whole set up in fact.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.