1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Diamond in a day questions

Discussion in 'Comps' started by ajp, Oct 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ajp

ajp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So I will be in Vegas in December and have more cash than normal to gamble so I am thinking of giving it a shot for diad. I was looking at the 99.11% bonus poker machine at Rio at the $1 level. I was thinking it would take maybe 6-7 hours of play and I have $1,000 just for this. Would I need more cash or should that work. Also does my time figure seem right?

Finally if I get the 5000 points the bonus points post the next day? I'm asking as I want to use the diamond lounge asap.

2. WWGB

WWGB High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't think you have enough money or enough time, but I am curious as to what the experts will say.

3. ajp

ajp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I figure 800 hands per hour at $5 per hand that is about 12.5 hours. I guess the time won't be enough.

4. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We did this back in September 1st...
    It sounds do-able, but I'd double that bankroll (take $2000, you MOOOOSSSTT Likely won't lose it ALL, but you need it to survive the swings)

Best bet, is get the 5000 points, then the next day, contact a host to have them look at your account and issue you a Diamond card (if it doesn't post, sometimes takes a day if it's a weekend)

5. kiwiboy1

kiwiboy1 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It will take 48 hours before the bonus points post and you become diamond.
    50,000 is 50K of action.
    Your expected loss is $500.
    Your loss without a royal is $1500
    I would recommend $3K in case you didn't get all your quads either.
    If you play really fast you could get the job done in 10-12 hours. I assume you are a proficient in playing.

6. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    my non-scientific estimations say

your chance of success

is under 5%.

and that's an expensive lounge trip!

7. ajp

ajp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can bring more money that isn't so much the issue as the time. I don't want to sit for 12 hours and play. And I doubt I can handle the swings of $5 video poker.

8. Peachiekeehn

Peachiekeehn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Will there be anyone there with you? if so, have them play on your card as well.

9. ajp

ajp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will be with buddies but they would play on there own card. Probably not worth it at this point.

10. mrstealth

mrstealth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you are planning to be in vegas for more than 1 day, I would recommend you shoot for trying to do it over 2 days, rather than try it all in 1. The bonus at 2,500 tier points is 5,000 bonus tier points, so 2 - 2500 days gets you to diamond.

As mentioned by others, it is physically very difficult to do this in 1 day. experts play in the 800 to 1000 hands per hour range which would mean $4,000 to $5,000 coin in per hour, meaning to get 5,000 tier pints you would be playing 10 - 12.5 hours per day. that is very difficult to do.

And, the faster you play, the more likely you are to have errors.

Finally, the 99.1% you quote is a "theoretical" return over hundreds of thousands of hands. Unless you get real lucky, early in your play, $1000 will simply not be a large enough bankroll at the dollar level.

11. DeMoN2318

DeMoN2318 The DERS

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Slots...that'll make it go faster

12. ajp

ajp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And increase my losses.

13. Aces and Eights

Aces and Eights VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've seen $2 VP. Maximum coin-in of $10 per hand will give you 1-point per hand. If you play one hand every six seconds, that's ten hands per minute or ten points. In one hour that's 600 points. To reach 5,000 points at that rate, you would have to play 8-hours plus twenty hands. There are going to be hands which will take longer when you get hand-pays.

Although your average loss would be $500, variance can be fairly large. It would be interesting what the standard deviation would be.

14. DeMoN2318

DeMoN2318 The DERS

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So u want DIAD, AND minimal losses, AND minimal time invested???

How bout the kitchen sink too?

15. ajp

ajp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I said I could invest more cash but 12 hours at a machine was a bit to much. Either way I love the attitudes when I simply asked a question

16. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did you miss my post?
    I said, Kris and I did it in September. (We did it on 50c denim, but there was two of must playing)
    If you're at all competent, yoiu can put in 1200 hands per hour. Just break it up with two 4 hour sessions, with $1000 each.
    Easy peasy.

17. neuroboy

neuroboy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I did it earlier this year, i played $1 DDB, but three play because I'm impatient.

It still took 4 hours.

I was helped by a $2000 hand pay, but without it I would have ended up down $2000 or so.

Good luck.

18. ajp

ajp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw your post and honestly 800 hands per hour would be as fast as I could go. But weighing the diamond benefits I'm not sure it's worth my time.

19. jdvegas

jdvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    or another alternative... 2.5 hours at the Blackjack table at $1,500 per hand. This will earn you exactly 5,000 tier points. I'm sure this information is very helpful to you. :wink2: :peace:

20. ajp

ajp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a 10k bankroll. If I thought I could handle 1500 a hand I would. I could get lucky early though...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.