1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Funny thing about comps

Discussion in 'Comps' started by golfnut, Oct 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. golfnut

golfnut Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I find it quite funny that I get comped at the higher mlife properties aria, bellagio, MGM, monte. But I get offers for 20% off room rates at Luxor and Excalibur. So let me get this straight mlife. If I stay at MGM I can have a suite, resort credit, free play, and a limo. But, if I want to stay at Excalibur it's gonna cost me? Dammit gonna miss the tournament of kings again!

Does this sound about the same for the rest of you?

2. fenway68

fenway68 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    the 20% offers I get do not have my mlife number as part of the fine print . The marketing/corporate offers do (this offer is exclusively for so and so with mlife # 12345678). I think they send everyone with an email address the 20% offers...be curious if you see the same thing.

3. golfnut

golfnut Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I guess I didn't look at that. I do know that they look the same as my other email offers. But instead of being comped nights it shows 20% of rates.

4. jdvegas

jdvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Same here.

5. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    First off, most of those offers for a percent off have LITTLE relation to your play. They just send those out.

Offers tend to go to people and places they think will work. Call into Excal and see what they will do for you.

6. golfnut

golfnut Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't want to stay at the Excalibur. I was simply trying to state that I think it's crazy that a company as big and high tech as mlife still sends out 20% off of the lower tier properties to a customer that they give suites to at the higher end properties. I would think they could have their system take out customers that have better offers within thier company.

I believe that some of you may have misunderstood my meaning of my post.

7. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, you are trying to say that you find it hard to believe that the better MLife properties will send you good offers and comp nights, while the lower end MLife properties won't.

But its not as cut and dried as you'd think:

First, MLife will send you offers based on where you gamble. The lame corporate offers may cover properties where you don't gamble (like your 20% off offer) but the good marketing offers (free nights, food/drink credit, etc) only get sent out if you meet play requirements at the specific properties.

Secondly, you might look down on a place like Excalibur and maybe you will never stay there, but thats not everybody's opinion. Excalibur is tight with the free rooms because they don't need to give them away: during the recent recession they had the highest overall occupancy rate in all of Las Vegas... what can you say but: people like cheap rooms and the location is pretty good.

8. jdvegas

jdvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This thread is just cracking me up. And now being accused of looking down on the lower tier properties. LOL!!!

I think the answer is what a couple of us already said - the 20% off type offers are tied to your email address, but not your Mlife account.

9. golfnut

golfnut Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

10. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, sorry! I should have stressed more on the "might" part because I am not trying to put words in your mouth, just saying that in the more general sense, that maybe one looks down on the place, maybe they don't... maybe they would stay there, maybe they wouldn't...

But in the end the big key there is: Excalibur is a pretty busy property and is almost always at or very near capacity - its super cheap, they always run Facebook and Twitter specials, and its location is pretty good.

11. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Why does this bother you, OP? Mlife IS funny--they give you attractive offers at places you have played before or where they think your play "belongs". I really don't care if I don't get offers from Excalibur when I do get them from Sky Suites. If your play justifies comps at their higher end properties, call up the Excalibur if you really want to stay there and they will roll out the red carpet.

12. golfnut

golfnut Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It doesn't bother me.

I was just trying to get a discussion going on how silly it is they send out emails to their already established players for their own properties. Again, I was not trying to look down on a property or nor was I trying to brag about what comps I get, and for the last time I don't want to stay there. I was simply trying to get a topic going and see if anyone else was getting the same thing I was from them.

Is there a way to just delete my original post?

13. jdvegas

jdvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sonya can just close it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.