1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MGM Desk Clerk Help....Not exactly the 20$ trick but....

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by phan, Aug 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phan

phan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just a quick reminder of the power of friendly conversation with a desk clerk at the MGM. I am a relative low-roller so I am sure many of you get much better comp deals, but this was a good deal for me! I was recently there with my family staying in a StayWell room (very nice and hypo allergenic by the way) and I stopped at the front desk (the Stay Well dedicated desk was not open yet) to inquire about an upcoming trip in October. I had previously made a reservation for three nights over a weekend at approximately $100 a night. I asked about changing to a Stay Well room, as well as adding an additional night and what the associated cost would be. After some extended chatting about the band that I was coming to Vegas to see, the clerk changed my room to a Stay Well and added an extra night for $100 when the website was telling me regular rooms were $200+. I thanked him and he so he also took off any resort fees for the next trip. All in all, my 5 minute conversation saved me about $300! No up front 20$ trick necessary, but you can be assured I tipped him the 20 at the end of our conversation.

Remember..It never hurts to ask!

2. HotDamn

HotDamn Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What band are you going out to see in October?

3. VDMTom

VDMTom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice one!

4. phan

phan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Phish is playing at the MGM 10/31, 11/1 and 11/2!

5. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Score!!!:beer:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.