1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

BLT and Sterling Brunch are history.

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by jpfromla, Dec 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    THAT is a wow……used to be a variety of places to choose from in that area not even considering the food court…..

2. jpfromla

jpfromla RFB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome to CETdoraldo...

3. Geddy3

Geddy3 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Easy solution, if you don't like it, don't stay or play there.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Cardeater

Cardeater Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a review in this forum of my trip to the Sterling Brunch in Dec 2019 I think. I felt the same way about the lobster tails. I didnt think it was worth it (and if you look at the thread, I ate probably what two normal people would eat). I was glad I tried it once, especially as it's now gone forever.

• Like Like x 1
  5. STPFan

STPFan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    RIP to the BLT Popovers which I made sure to get almost every trip, but luckily I bought myself a popover pan and with their recipe I can duplicate them.

6. Aces and Eights

Aces and Eights VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I never ate at Sterling, and I was going to try it at least once. But after hearing how it had gone downhill, and not really thinking that any buffet is worth that much money, I'm not disappointed about not eating there. However I did like BLT. It wasn't great with its ambience, but it was in my top five as favorite steakhouses in Vegas.

Drew Brees, Blake Shelton, and Emmitt Smith. They are arguably the best chefs in the world. I think they studied at Cordon Bleu, and after apprenticing for the likes of Alain Ducasse and Paul Bocuse, I'm sure they will open five-star Michelin restaurants with just their names alone.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Sparky4

Sparky4 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I liked BLT as a steakhouse but the Sterling brunch was a letdown the time I went. Everything was lukewarm at best. Our favorite things about it was the unlimited mimosas, not worth the $100 pp we paid. The brunch at La Cave at Wynn is much better.

Happy birthday to me!
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. PaiGow

PaiGow Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We always ate at least once at BLT during our Bally's stays but in my opinion the Tequilla Taqueria was a much bigger loss. I have a feeling a year from now that Bally's will be a much different place and will have been rebranded by then.

9. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I enjoyed a few decent suppers at BLT. No complaints at all.

As far as normal meals I ate very little at Ballys.
    I miss Paris buffet most. I didn’t have any issues finding places to eat in October though. Hopefully even more next trip.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. MCann

MCann I can't complain, but sometimes I still do...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Same. I didnt really care because I just popped over to Cosmo for every meal except the one we ate at Flour and Barley in Linq Promenade.

I really clowned on them hard though when, 3 days before checkin, they sent me one of the "upcoming trip" emails entitled "Looking For The Best Places To Dine While You're Here? Experience An Unforgettable Meal With These Delectable Options!" As it were "these delectable options" were literally the food court, Nosh snack bar, and the coffee stand in the lobby. BLT and Sterling Brunch were listed on the "see all options" page, but indicated they were "temporarily" closed during my stay.

As far as Sterling Brunch, I'm with @44inarow on this one; I wanted to check it off the list but never did. I had reservations twice, but the first one was made when it was $99 and serving Veuve, and they raised the price to $129pp and switched to a $20 champagne, according to several TRs, in between my making the reservation and the date of said reservation, so I cancelled that one. Then decided I'd try it with LotD anyway just to check it off the bucket list because I had a diamond dinner and enough RC to pay for it and ignore the cost benefit analysis, but if I recall correctly, that reservation was for late April 2020. Oops!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Ten_On_The_End

Ten_On_The_End VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Closest to gas station food you can find in Vegas outside of a real gas station. Shameful.

12. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sterling brunch hasn’t really fit in with Bally’s for over 20 years. The target audience isn’t staying there and doesn’t want to make a trek through Bally’s to get there. Take away the unlimited Veuve Cliquot (Harrahtize it—dumb it down and hope nobody notices!) and it’s really unappealing.

It could probably work at $129.95 with unlimited Veuve at Old Homestead—or the replacement for Raos—if they wanted to revive it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. hetzmr

hetzmr Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We started going to Sterling brunch when it was $65, I'd guess 2006/2007. The waiters were amazing! The food was very good, they still served cold water lobster, the shrimp were huge, all the seafood was very good. Fresh fruit, meat and side dishes were good. the desserts were excellent. Not a drinker so that part didn't matter to me. Moderate price increases were occurring. There was a noticeable change with the remodeling and change to BLT, food quality started slipping, along with rapid price increases. Warm water lobster, smaller shrimp, less fresh fruit and vegetables, the desserts became the same ones every other buffet had. The service was still good but it had lost the personal touch it had. It seemed like we were always seated by someone that the staff knew by name from years of repeated visits and it was fun chatting with them. At $110 we had decided it had out priced itself. All good things come to an end.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. queuetee

queuetee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I remember correctly, Sterling was started many years ago by the maitre'd, a charming Italian man now long retired. Originally, it was a private space for the high rollers to be treated to brunch. It was not open to the public. Bally's- at that time- was higher up in the list of classy joints.

Over time, Bally's and the Sterling have gone downhill....and we are where we are.

• Informative Informative x 2
  15. vegasvstr

vegasvstr VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Interesting.
    I've never been and only heard of it a little. Seemed to be more known among more "seasoned" LV folks. Maybe they didn't advertise much?

16. oghuman

oghuman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went three times when it was pretty good and a decent Value then I went when the price went to $95 and that time the lobster tails were as poster FABismonte mentioned they were inedible. That was the last time I went then they raised to price to $125 which is about $90 more than it’s worth.

17. Burnsie

Burnsie VP Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll miss BLT. We enjoyed our dinners there. Nothing flashy about it, but the food and service were always top-notch.

I guess we'll try the steakhouse at Planet Hollywood on our next trip, or maybe Bugsy's at Flamingo. Not really a fan of GR Steak at Paris.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. chiefsdan

chiefsdan Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went to the Brunch at least 2 times a year. I never was concerned about the increasing price since I always used reward points and as a seven Star I was able to get reservations easily. With that being said, the quality had went down so much that the last time I went, pre Covid right before Everything shut down, I said I would not go back. I really only went there for the caviar and champagne anyway.

19. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Now that I think about it, I can't recall ever seeing an ad for it. Then again, the couple times I tried to make a reservation, it was completely booked up, so it's very possible they never felt the need to advertise.

I wonder whether this might be a new, um, homestead, for Old Homestead.

20. EzE

EzE VUP Guppy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It used to be a well known buffet ages ago. A lot of people called it the Bally's Champagne Brunch cause thats what it was known for. I believe they served Perrior-Jouet(sp?) when it was in its original incarnation. But, it sorted moved around and evolved and eventually shut down and BLT brought it back around 2015ish? and it wasn't really as well known after that. Its was really nothing special unless you wanted to drink tons of champagne. Had Filet Mignon and Rock Lobster Tails(I think? wasn't regular lobster tails). However, to me BLT is a loss. I enjoyed my meals there alot. Was less of a fancy steak and more a purist steak to me and they had usually had a special side menu with Wagyu cuts and other special cuts. Also the place was more low key, I really hate the loud music they play at some of the trendier places.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.