1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Sight for sore eyes! COVID Vaccine!

Discussion in 'Coronavirus in Las Vegas' started by mescalita, Dec 29, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Glad it worked out @dmr!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks. I am totally juiced! This is all I can think about! I almost never drink at home and alone, but I am having a well-deserved beverage to celebrate!

I just spammed out a note to everyone I can think of from my county in my age group. The openings are definitely before the official opening is to take place, and I'm sure that when it officially opens tomorrow most/all of the near-term appointments will be gone.

• Love Love x 2
  3. booker

booker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Super! We can't have one of the most active, insightful posters her and excellent photographer not getting poked in the arm.

• Like Like x 2
  4. bluesdude

bluesdude VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is great news! @dmr, do you know if they will schedule a second shot for you right away?

Dead & Co with my son! June 4 or 5th - June 8th
  5. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No, but I will report on it. I have a feeling that they are reserving some appointments for second shots. This place seems very well organized.

• Like Like x 1
  6. bluesdude

bluesdude VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My spouse was fortunate enough to get her second scheduled when she got her first. Hopefully they will do that for you so you don't have to go through all of that hassle and frustration again. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Dead & Co with my son! June 4 or 5th - June 8th
  7. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think a lot of places give you the second appointment when you check in for your first one but hope that's your experience. It also helps better with THEIR planning as well.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As many have stated, the only thing we have to report is slight -- slight -- discomfort in the upper arm.

Feeling even better about all the travel we have on the books starting in April and going through into the first of next year.

• Like Like x 1
  9. AlwaysUpForFun

AlwaysUpForFun VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bright spot: yesterday I found and made an appointment for my 90yo MIL for both her first and second dose. She will get her first dose Tuesday.:D

Dark cloud: Could not get an appointment for my 90yo FIL yesterday. Today there are more appointments available for first dose today, but CANNOT book because they have NO appointments for second dose.:mad:

10. vegasvstr

vegasvstr VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought the place giving the first dose were supposed to give the second.
    They have extended the timing if you can't get the second.
    I think I'd sign up for the first if found. Even one gives a lot of protection.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. AlwaysUpForFun

AlwaysUpForFun VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

Believe me I would sign up for first dose if I could. This is through Walgreens and there system will not let you sign up for first dose only. I tried calling their customer service to see if I could get them to schedule first dose only and was told no.

Walgreens is the ONLY source of vaccine I have found in their county and my In Laws are too old and feeble to take any place else. To add insult to injury, my BIL in another county successfully made his appointment through Walgreens this morning to get his. I'm hoping lack of second dose dates is a glitch that will be resolved and I can book. So I will continue to look.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  12. ReTriggerMe

ReTriggerMe Stand Up to Jewish Hate!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got the second shot almost three weeks ago. Headache next day, chills 36 hours after shot. Minor.

And two side effects heretofore unpublished in any medical journal:
    1. The tiniest bit of Schadenfreude satisfaction watching young, fit people get (temporarily) knocked on their butt after the second dose, while older, less-fit folk tolerate the shot relatively unscathed
    2. An uncontrollable need to make Las Vegas trip reservations. I have six trips planned, may make another today. [Edit - did, now seven]

Last edited: Feb 28, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
  13. gs32794

gs32794 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow. This is really F'd up. This week, I used Walgreens for me in Virginia. I scheduled the first dose, it made me schedule the second dose 28 days later before it would book the appointment and give me a confirmation number. Tonight, I'm helping a friend in Maryland to try to sign up. There are all sorts of times and locations for the first shot; but no matter which time you pick in which town, you can't book the second one. I feel your frustration. This makes no sense. I hope you can get your parents taken care of.

14. rooster42000

rooster42000 Goat of all Goats , My Hero

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They usually book it on your first one , they give you the follow up for second dose on the spot ,at least that's how they are doing it here in Florida. 3 weeks for Pfizer 2nd dose and 4 weeks for Modena , they say Johnson & Johnson should be available sometime this week , that is dose and done.

15. gs32794

gs32794 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In both VA and MD, It makes you book the first and second doses on the Walgreens website. This past Wednesday, I booked an appointment for my first shot on this past Friday and 28 days later for the second shot. Tonight, I'm helping a friend in MD book his. It tells me that I have to select the first appointment and the second appointment, same as it was for me. I choose the first appointment. It goes to the second screen and tells me there are no second appointments available. You can't just book one shot go in and have them tell you when to come back on this system. At least in these states. It's just really weird that it worked perfectly fine for me four days ago.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @dmr So god you are good to go!

Wisconsin opens next group tomorrow. Except people with underlying conditions are still left out. Not following CDD guidelines/recommendations.

17. rooster42000

rooster42000 Goat of all Goats , My Hero

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In Florida a new order came out today.

The amended order says that the first phase of vaccine administration included persons 65 and older, long-term care facility resident and staff and frontline health care workers. That remains, but additionally “physicians, licensed under Chapter 458 and 459, Florida Statutes, may vaccinate persons whom they decide are at risk of contracting COVID-19.”

The order additionally gives registered nurses and pharmacists the administer the inoculation after a physician’s determination.

Those considered high-risk by a doctor and over the age of 18 can be prescribed a COVID-19 vaccine and will be able to get the shot at a pharmacy such as Walmart, Sam’s Club, Winn Dixie, Publix, and CVS. The executive order does not include the state and county-run vaccination sites.

• Informative Informative x 2
  18. fudgewapner

fudgewapner High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can hopefully get a shot Thursday. I'm only 46, but have been volunteering in San Diego at one of the Sharp hospital vaccination sites. It goes through nearly 5k people a day, so they need a few dozen volunteers to check info, direct line traffic, watch people afterwards etc. They offer volunteer's a vaccine after completion of their third shift. They just opened it up to teachers, so the age range of people in line shifted considerably. Excited to receive shot, feel this is a more ethical way of getting it than fibbing info or going through some other means.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Dr Nostron

Dr Nostron VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My 85 and 81 year old parents thoroughly enjoyed checking up on me after 2nd shot knocked me on my ass - my dad must have said a hundred times "didn't bother me at all"

• Funny Funny x 4
  20. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, assuming nothing {f-bombs} it up, like a snowstorm, which is not gonna happen, according to the Talking Heads, or shipment delays or ... ... I've blocked off a window of OOO around it, so nobody will slam in something on my schedule that would be awkward to get out of, and I've noted that I'll probably be WFH on Friday as I'm expecting to feel sucky after the shot. Since I have the appointment, I don't think that any of their dorking around with priorities is gonna affect me any more. I'm still all hyped about it!

Yes, underlying conditions are being pretty much ignored here as well.

They were talking about this last week on the local news. Quite honestly, teachers are probably more deserving than I am, and I was a bit concerned that they were gonna pull the rug out just as my age was supposed to open up. Much of the frustration had to do with not knowing, and some of this was not knowing if they were gonna change the rules in the middle of the game before I was at bat.

I have NEVER looked forward to getting a shot, and I've never been so eager to get a shot as I am now!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.