1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Poor poor kelly ripa

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Jerseyguy2, Apr 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VegasGroove

VegasGroove VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Please. If GMA had offered HER a spot, she would have had her Nikes laced up and in runner's position before they could finish stating the offer. Believe that.

2. NickPapageorgio

NickPapageorgio OG of the Sal Sagev Hotel

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Absolutely zero doubt!

Nick:beer:

3. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't think anyone has an issue with Michael packing his bags, at least I sure don't... I just feel Disney executives gave a clinic in how NOT to handle such a move. The whole way they went about things just appears to have needlessly inflamed things and could have and IMHO opinion should have been handled so much better. I'm hearing the finances at Disney/ABC/ESPN are completely in the shitter right now and the fire alarm's being pulled.

4. BlacklabberMike

BlacklabberMike MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    couldn't happen to a better bunch of AHoles... their whole corporate bean counter mentality deserves a royal reaming.

5. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't have a problem with corporations paying attention to the bottom line and wanting to make "good" business decisions. I absolutely don't have a problem with Strahan leaving to take a job at GMA (nor would I have if Ripa did - nor do I disagree she wouldn't run someplace "better" if offered the chance). I just think they could have handled it better. Given the blow back, one would hope they now wish they would have handled it better. The night before instead of before the show, whatever....And because I'm not a bigwig (at ABC or elsewhere) and cannot give my feedback to the execs in charge, I - like many others - resort to sharing my frustrations on the internet.

Hopefully in a way that respects we don't all share the same opinions.....

6. Natural21

Natural21 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll bet that was a fun vacation! Could you imagine her working in the "real" world?
    Good luck. :beer::beer:

7. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Again, nobody here knows the full story. And maybe there is a reason they did not tell her. Maybe she is unable to keep information confidential or would go into a rampage. Who knows. None of us for sure.

8. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And Strahan became known to that audience because he won DWTS. Live! improved his Q rating but he was on the rise with or without it.

I'm not clear if her vacation was scheduled to begin Friday or not but she was scheduled to be on air Wednesday and Thursday. I know I would have been canned if I had done the same.

9. jamesxnj

jamesxnj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just think she is pissed at all the work/training she probably had to do to get Strahan where he is today and all this is after he signed on with GMA part-time.I think she expected a longer run with him and not the big-shots baiting him away...It was months before they found a co-host I guess her and producers were happy with.. and now she has to do it again.
    I don't think its Diva'ish and if she was I would imagine there would be some stories out there..I'd like to believe she is ok in real life but I can be naive as hell sometimes.

P.S. I have met some people who work the Ritz Carlton in Naples Fl and I've heard Judge Judy 's name come up not in a good way..

10. NYNYGirl

NYNYGirl VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good for Strahan. Bad decision on the executives part.

11. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

I agree with Hoya. While we don't know the full story this situation should have been handled much better than it did. Nobody likes to air out dirty laundry and the execs didn't think this thing through. Now some people see Kelly as a "diva", others see the execs as the idiots who blindsided Kelly, the only real winner is Strahan.

12. KnotGillty

KnotGillty High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My gripe is that Strahan has been made out to be the bad guy in some ways. He was only doing what the execs told him to.

Strahan had originally agreed to stay until September and he had permission from the network. Now it's been confirmed he is leaving in less than two weeks from today (no explanation given). Could it be that Kelly doesn't want to work with him anymore and demanded that he leave?

13. Julie888

Julie888 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The day she returned from her pre-planned vacation, ratings sky rocketed.

The executives were totally in the wrong, IMO. Strahan also could have negotiated that Kelly would be told a little earlier. Hearing this twenty minutes before the rest of N.A. did was disrespectful. I bet the rest of the staff wasn't too happy with him either. If she's worth $20 million to them, she's worth some consideration.

14. Alexander

Alexander MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll bet he's smiling his big infamous gap smile right to the bank!

15. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just google the term Disney H-1B Layoffs and it will make you sick. I don't want to put a dime in Disney's pockets.

16. queuetee

queuetee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't associate Michael with DWTS; you must have hm mixed up with somebody else. If the rating were high when she returned , it was because lots of non viewers wanted to see what would happen after the drama...not because we all love her.

17. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    She was offered a spot on GMA and turned it down because of her loyalty to Live.

18. BlacklabberMike

BlacklabberMike MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:

that's what i was referring to but didn't want to get too political. #RATBASTARDS

19. VegasGroove

VegasGroove VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hmmm . . . okay.

20. Joe Strummer

Joe Strummer VIP Whale

Can't we discuss Paris Hilton ?
    Her daily life was really important to all of us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.