1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Poor poor kelly ripa

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Jerseyguy2, Apr 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Poor Kelly,nobody told her about Strahan leaving,how horrible. In the REAL World people are losing their houses,jobs,getting sick dying and bunch of other problems while she gets paid Millions to tell people what her family did on vacation and whatnot. Makes me sick to know she's from Jersey. Respect? she gets respect every two weeks,more than she's worth far as I'm concerned.

2. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Or, she's been doing a damn good job for years and the network executives don't respect her enough (though her name has been on the show for decades) to TWICE IN A ROW pull the same crap on her.

I laugh at the hullabaloo around the situation, but I don't think the transition was handled well at all.

3. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
  4. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm with you... she deserved better. C'mon Ken, stay up on the current events!

5. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dude. Chico. You know that's off the grid!

6. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wouldn't say decades. But she is pretty, perky, and funny. I say that works for TV.

7. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree!

8. Blonde_4_ever

Blonde_4_ever LasVegas4ever.com

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did they actually break it to her RIGHT ON THE SHOW?

9. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    She make alot but you have to assume she is not living in an apartment thats subsidized. with big money comes big bills.

i have know alot of "rich" people that did not have alot of extra money laying around.

not saying this is the case with her but i am sure she is scrambling to some extent.

once that money faucet is turned off its hard to get it turned back on.

10. breanna61

Trips to Las Vegas:
    She was told moments before.

11. HoyaHeel

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OK, 16 years. She's halfway into her second decade. I might have used a little hyperbole. Doing the same thing to her twice still sucks.

12. Blonde_4_ever

Blonde_4_ever LasVegas4ever.com

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is incredibly, fantastically rude and mean.

13. breanna61

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree and completely disrespectful.

14. rcc4au

rcc4au Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wonder how she has treated the producers in the past. I get the vibe she's a diva with a $20M/year price tag that thinks she's the queen. Maybe the producers didn't like her attitude, or maybe they were hoping to get real emotion from her on the show. I think Strahan will be better off on GMA.

15. HoyaHeel

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If there is/was a problem with her job performance, then handle it like adults - warn and or fire. She's been on the show since 2000. If she were that bad, they'd have gotten rid of her - that's how business works.

16. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    An article on this story:
    After “Live” ended on Tuesday morning, Ms. Ripa was called to a meeting along with the show’s longtime producer, Michael Gelman, and the WABC general manager, Dave Davis (the show is produced by WABC, and it is distributed by ABC and Disney’s syndication group). She did not know the purpose of the meeting.

After a 20-minute wait, Mr. Strahan entered the room and broke the news that he was leaving. It wasn’t long before tensions flared.

“Didn’t I tell you this was going to happen?” Ms. Ripa said to Mr. Davis at the meeting, according to the person. “I told you two years ago this was going to happen.”

A few minutes after the meeting ended, ABC publicly announced Mr. Strahan’s departure. Ms. Ripa later let the network know she would not appear on Wednesday.

Ms. Ripa was angry, this person said, because she perceived that “Good Morning America” was being given priority over “Live.” Ms. Ripa declined to comment.

Ms. Ripa was similarly caught off guard in 2011 when Regis Philbin informed her 20 minutes before show time that he was going to announce his departure on that edition of “Live.”

Guess the exec's figure when they pay you $20 million a year they own you. Shame on them - show some respect for your employees.
    But Kelly, ever the diva, and by all accounts a not-so-nice person behind the scenes also chose not to take the high road.
    This show will not end well..

17. rcc4au

rcc4au Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You're asking a lot! :) None the less, I agree with you. I'm really not a fan of hers or that show, but I bet I could just suck it up and deal with it, however they decide to handle it for $20M a year.

18. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    NOBODY here, including me have any idea of the circumstances and situation. There may well be a good reason they did not tell her advance.

The people that are giving her $20m a year can do what they damn well want to do. She needs to be a grownup and accept it.

19. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought the issue was that Regis or Strahan didn't tell her ahead of time. I know my work friends tell each other when they are giving notice. When did Strahan give notice?

20. IM ALL IN

IM ALL IN High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hah! I've never watched her show, but I knew who she was as I used to watch her long ago on the soap ALL MY CHILDREN. I never liked her role in the beginning, or as an actress, but then grew to like her character. (she had black hair didn't she when she started on AMC?)...showing my age...but that's okay!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.