1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Bringing Own Coffee Maker or Other Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Las Vegas for the Frugal (not Cheap)' started by stendu, May 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tonyfromjersey

Tonyfromjersey High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i just wet my hair head downstairs and grab a cup. I’d never pack one since I only do carry on anymore. If I had to I’d buy one for $10 bucks at walmart and leave it when I checked out. To each his own on this one.

• Like Like x 3
  2. roycpa

roycpa High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought it was a silly idea to buy a coffee pot, but. . . We're staying at MSS and like to lounge around the room a bit each morning. It's $5 plus tip for Oleg for two cups of coffee, and one of us has to traipse down to the bar to get it. Staying a week, that amounts to about $45 with tip, plus the aggravation of throwing clothes on and walking downstairs. We went to a garage sale last week and found a small Mr Coffee nearly new for $1. Since we are flying SW this trip, two free checked bags are allowed, so we'll easily have room for the coffee pot, plus maybe even a couple of cheap cups. Only thing I need to buy will be the filters, since ours are way too big to fit. I'll let you know in July how it all works out.

3. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    • Like Like x 3
  4. dukeofdarby

dukeofdarby High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    if you are staying at mss you can request a coffee maker along with coffee,sugar ,powder creamer when you check in or later from housekeeping for no charge-----they will bring it to your room -----no charge,usually give them a couple bucks tip---------

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. kkinwi

kkinwi VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No need to buy special filters....just cut the tops off of the regular ones. And like RF, my little one cupper Black and Decker fits easily into my carryon with some disposable cups.

6. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Get a permanent basket, never buy filters again.

3A87E9E5-3EB9-4835-8213-174A5C76F656.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  7. slusher

slusher Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We hate having to get dressed to get coffee or wait for room service. From years of camping we transitioned to carryon with a collapsable pour over siicone melitta. I have a "kitchen" which is a hot pot, inside which is the filter, paper filters, coffee, sweetner and creamer packs for the husband, teabags and oatmeal packs and instant soup. We have two plastic tupperware mugs, one which is marked as a measuring cup. I've made entire meals in this in some of the poshest hotels. And also plain old tea.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  8. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just as an FYI for anyone planning to buy a coffeemaker and leave it in the hotel room when you check out with a note saying it's a gift to the housekeeper - that is a very nice gesture, but unfortunately housekeeping is not allowed to take things from a guest room, no matter what kind of note is left. There was a housekeeper I would always get at Vdara because I requested a specific room/floor and the Executive Corner Suites have a full kitchen - when I would leave there would be barely used eggs, juice, bacon or whatever else and I asked her if she wanted any of it. She said that she was not allowed to take anything out of a guest room, even if it was given to her by a guest, and it was not worth risking her job for.

I am pretty sure that policy is standard across the board.

9. yooperguy

yooperguy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    [​IMG]

upload_2018-6-6_8-29-55.jpeg

upload_2018-6-6_8-30-53.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Royal Flusher

Trips to Las Vegas:
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. yooperguy

yooperguy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    only thing to make it better would be Ramen noodles cooked in the back of a deuce and a half with some MRE hot sauce parked on a drop zone at 3a.m.... YUM YUM!

12. Tonyfromjersey

Tonyfromjersey High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ah Yes ramen noodles in the back of a deuce n half. It don’t get better than that...... wait a minute yes it does. Someone was in the Army. .....lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Vegasman

Vegasman Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    While camping out @ the airport.[emoji574]

• Like Like x 1
  14. JoeM78

JoeM78 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A little late to the party but I know how you coffee drinkers feel. Coffee first thing in the morning (while getting ready) is a must for my girlfriend and I. For the past few years we have been ordering coffee cans from amazon and shipping them to our hotel.

We love this one for example:

illy Caffe Unsweetened, 6.8 fl oz, 12 Pack https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KMHYJVQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_XS7oBbMSVD0P3

There are many more, including sweetened ones if you prefer. I simply pack some plastic cups with lids and in the morning grab ice and pour our coffees minutes after getting up. We are then quickly out the door with coffees in hand. Definitely saves time from going downstairs and a little bit of money.

Happy coffee drinking!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Royal Flusher

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is actually pretty brilliant.

They have the Starbucks double shot ones for $15 for a dozen - compare to about $4-$5 each at ABC or CVS.

16. subafrk

subafrk Longing to be sipping a Scotch at the Cromwell...

Trips to Las Vegas:
  17. stendu

stendu Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just an update: I ended up ordering the Better Chef Personal Coffee Maker for 12 bucks off Amazon and it just arrived! It is perfect! It is actually smaller then I expected, which is a huge plus! Obviously I haven't used it, so no review on that, but I think it will be perfect!

Thank you everyone for your suggestions!

18. hawki39

hawki39 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As far as creamers go..l don't like the powder creamers...I asked our server at Magnolia's (4 Queens) if I could buy a few coffee creamers ... She brougjt me a dozen..I do and did tip well.

19. Royal Flusher

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congratulations on your purchase of a Little Giant Coffee Machine!!! I hope it brings you years of service.

Don't forget to save space by packing dirty socks in the reservoir and below the drip basin.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. vdarrell

vdarrell Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My hubby loves his morning coffee so we always pack out one cup coffee pot ....tale along a couple disposable cups. coffee ,sugar and creamer in a small container so easy to pack does not take up much suitcase space

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.