1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Car Rental thru Total Rewards WOW

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by tinytim, Dec 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeorgeJ.

GeorgeJ. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One additional thing -- when I was looking at car rentals they all say "0 miles" under the car rental company names. To me, I read this as saying you get no free miles with these rentals and there's a per-mile charge in addition to the price listed.

So when someone actually does a TR car rental in Vegas, please let us know if you had to pay additional over the posted price for miles driven....

2. Shjf

Shjf Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just letting you know, since I did this promo booking earlier last week. It says in the final receipt for the car that it has unlimited mileage. I don't understand why a company would go back on something like that when it's stated in the final receipt.

3. IMDildy

IMDildy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does anyone ever get the insurance?

My credit card doesn't offer coverage. I have full coverage on my car....

4. tinytim

tinytim Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    IMdildy...I'd call your agent to be sure. I'm a Canadian but covered in USA too.
    Tim
    T-58

5. Caesar

Caesar Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Estimate

My only concern is that when you get to pricing, it shows price as an estimate. That would seem to me that they can adjust the pricing as they see fit.
    Any comments from anyone?

6. nbdysreal

nbdysreal Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Every car rental place, even direct booking, call it an estimate. I'm looking at my Alamo booking and its called the "estimated total".

7. nickle

nickle Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Right Tim...My agent told me $50000 on the car, $2,000,000 liability. I don't buy extra!

8. GeorgeJ.

GeorgeJ. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I keep getting error messages when trying to book a car rental...first it was something about the listing of additional email addresses for an email copy of the itinerary. I could only get rid of that by replacing the caesar's email address that automatically populates the email field. That fixed that.

But now I'm getting messages that my "payment failed"...

9. Caesar

Caesar Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You must not use a credit card that is maxed out or have 0 balance in your account. Sorry, could not resist (ha ha).

10. Fraggle

Fraggle People Watcher

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hope this goes well for everyone. I bit the bullet because the price was half of what the lowest I could find using every combo of discount and promo codes I could find.. I normally use alamo but because of the success from WYSIWYG with dollar I booked with dollar as well.. heres hoping they don't "fix" their terms and screw us :S

11. tinytim

tinytim Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Another thought...does the contract at pick-up show unlimited mileage?
    I checked my agreements but it doesn't say...and I have TWO with dollar now (gulp!). I called the toll free # at TR Getaways all she could tell me was she was 99% sure it would be unlimited mileage.
    WYSIWYG...please let us know and give us an update when you return the car. THANKS!
    Tim

12. Fraggle

Fraggle People Watcher

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The booking page for Dollar clearly says unlimited mileage when you click through on TR getaways booking.. I printed that just incase :p

13. GeorgeJ.

GeorgeJ. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    None of you guys have been forced to call in to book? Took a ridiculous amount of time and then they wanted me to talk to an "Account Manager" who wanted me to take 10 minutes so he could pimp me on something. Maybe a timeshare or a nice used car?

The problem with their website seems to be that the car companies pull prices and don't tell them. Wound up booking a fullsize with Thrifty for a grand total of $23.89 rather than $19.89 for a midsize with Dollar, which couldn't be booked

So apparently if you get an error message, that car type can't be booked at that price.

14. tinytim

tinytim Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No George...I now have TWO reservations, all done on line.

And Thank you Fraggle! I checked that now too and now I can rest easy...except for daydreaming of Las vegas!

Tim
    T-56
    & T-128

Last edited: Jan 9, 2014
  15. IvanBeausky

IvanBeausky Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just booked a Nissan Maxima (Premium category) on TR thru Dollar for 136.77. That is outlandish. Hope the taxes/fees thing doesn't suddenly rear its ugly head, but it is still way cheaper than Expeida/Travelocity/Dollar.

If OP is in LV the first weekend of March Madness, I MUST buy that person a drink. Several. Thanks again!

:nworthy:

Edit: The rental is for the first weekend of March Madness. Cheapest I've seen for midsize is almost $350. WOWOWOWOWOW

16. tinytim

tinytim Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    heehee Ivan...I'm there March 6-12 for Nascar so now you have to make two trips in March.
    Tim
    T-55

17. Smokinjoe1002

Smokinjoe1002 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can also confirm that all taxes and fees are included. I was very sceptical and called TRGetaways several times and they were unable to confirm the price included all fees. Finally bit the bullet and got a mid size thru thrifty for 6 days for $101 all in. Called thrifty and they could not confirm because it was booked by 3rd party site. Provided their "tour desk" number who finally confirmed my reservation, confirmed that it was prepaid and that all taxes and fees are included. Good luck. Great prices!!!

18. wysiwyg

wysiwyg Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Returned the car yesterday. No issues. While I didn't drive much (just 77 miles!) I was not charged anything extra. My final receipt shows all $0.00. My emailed statement from Dollar shows:
    Rental Tax : $41.07
    State Tax : $33.13
    Total Charges: $0.00

PAYMENT DETAILS

Deposits: $0.00
    Net Due: $0.00

19. IMDildy

IMDildy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I booked a Maxima for a week picking it up tomorrow
    Sub Total: $115.04
    Savings Credits applied: -$9.00
    Total Price: $106.04

If it works out, Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!

20. Busyman

Busyman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went through Dollar for 2 Premium cars for my birthday.

5 days, $108.24 each car.

The confirmation on Dollar's site won't work because it's through the tour department. The rep saw all my info though when I gave her the Dollar reference number.

So it's confirmed.

Oh and thank you very much, tinytim.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.